Chapter 40 ~Unbelievable Messed Up Things~

Kou's POV

"It's getting dark. You think we should rest or something?"

BOOM!

"What was that?"

"Wire traps. They're making Sasuke's job hard for him."

"What if Sasuke-?"

"Don't worry about him. That bastard will be fine. He's tough as hell. Now, I think we should rest and just teleport."

"Teleportation? That'll take a lot of chakra." Sakura said and I looked back for a minute. I wonder what's happening back there in the village? What happened to proctor stick and that toilet paper dude? What happened to the Hokage and the other one? What happened to Kakashi and that green freak? Ugh. I just want to sleep and wish that all of these were just a twisted dream. I'm tired and hungry. Also, my wound is getting worse. I ignored it and proceeded on what I was doing. Hell. I didn't even bandage it or something.

"Oh great. Blood's pouring out." I muttered and stared at my two-inch cut. Maybe it's half-inch deep 'cause it freaking hurts like hell. I couldn't care less though.

"That's gross. Patch it up, will you?" The dog said and I just glared at him. He's much freaking worse than my wound! I swear.... If this dog doesn't shut his freaking mouth up, I'll make a curry out of him. Sorry to disappoint him but I'm freaking starving right now. I don't care what kind of meat I'll eat just to fill my stomach up. I'll eat his stinky dog meat without any hesitation.

I feel weird. I wanna' sleep.

Sakura's POV

"I'm going to sleep." She said and my eyes widened when she suddenly lost consciousness. Before she even fall off the branch, Naruto already caught her on his back.

"Bandage her cut, Sakura. If this continues, she'll lose too much blood." Pakkun said and I nodded, taking out a roll of bandages from my weapon pouch. Then, Naruto remained still while I patched up the girl's wound.

"She's light." Naruto commented and I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's not surprising."

-MINUTES LATER-

Kou's POV

"We have to avoid fights no matter what! We need to go around it to be able to catch up with Sasuke!" So noisy.

I opened my eyes and noticed that I'm currently getting carried by Naruto on his back. Also, my wound is already bandaged and I feel a lot better than before. We're already on the move and I tapped Naruto on the shoulder, causing him to look back at me. Soon, he hit a tree face-first and I jumped back, landing on a branch.

"Ow....."

"I have to teleport now. See you later."

Poof!

I appeared beside Temari. She looks worn out. A fight probably occured while I was sleeping. Anyway, she didn't notice me and as for Gaara, he slowly regained his consciousness. He told her to put him down and that's what Temari did. She was also about to put some kind of ointment or something on Gaara's wound when he shoved her away, telling her that she's nothing but a nuisance. What a freaking jerk. That stupid sand freak!

I appeared in front of the tree Temari is currently heading at and caught her. From the impact, I kind of hit the tree and my freaking back hurts. Conclude. Kankuro is not here and Temari got into a battle awhile ago. Why? They needed to run away. It's like they must run away with Gaara but why? Why run away and not stay in one place?

"Temari, what happened to you? AND YOU!! IT'S NOT RIGHT FOR A DAMN CHILD TO SHOVE HIS FREAKING SIBLING AWAY LIKE SHE'S SOME KIND OF FREAKING DOLL!!!" I yelled but was ignored by him. My eyes scanned the place and noticed Sasuke meters away from Gaara. So, he already caught up to them. They are probably going to continue their unfinished match. How about Temari and Kankuro? What do I have to do? What can I do to heal Temari and make her feel better? Where's Kankuro? Is he okay? Is he fighting right now? Damn! I seriously don't know what to freaking do right now!

"K-Kou.... What are you doing here..?" Temari asked weakly and I removed my mask, carefully turning her around, and looking at her.

"Temari, what are you planning? What's this whole situation about?" I asked, instead of answering her question. I really want to know. If she could've just told me what they were planning, then maybe I could've helped her with it! I mean, they are my friends! And friends help each other, right? They trust each other, right?

"I'm sorry.... Kou......"

"W-What..? But why? I don't understand. Why are you apologizing?" I asked again. This is seriously making me feel weird. Sorry? What for? Why does this make me feel nervous? I'll never believe my opinions and conclusions because they are my friends and I know that they would never do such a thing without telling me!

Shivers went up my spine when I heard a familiar scream coming from a few meters above.

"Gaara!" I called out as I stared at him. His face has cracks on it again. It's probably the sand covering his body as a shield. What now? What's happening to him?

"YOU ARE MY PREY!! MY PREY!!! MY PREY!!!!!"

"What the hell....?! Sasuke.... SASUKE!! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE NOW!!!" I yelled and teleported, appearing behind the said man. My arm went around his neck and I was about to drag him out of there and away from Gaara when he struggled from my grip and suddenly elbowed me on the stomach.

"Don't interrupt, Kou."

"Sasuke, you bastard.... Can't you freaking see that Gaara's far from being a freaking normal ninja?! Are you freaking blind?! If you don't freaking get your damn stubborn butt out of here, you'll freaking die! Can't you freaking listen to me for once?! You're freaking stubborn as hell!!"

"This is not your business. Why do you insist on making me leave and not just leave yourself? I'm the one who's fighting him and not you, so shut up."

"What....? The hell is wrong with you?! This isn't just about me!! I freaking want you to freaking drag your damn ass outta' here because you'll freaking die!! I don't freaking want any of my damn freaking stubborn friends to die and freaking leave me like what my freaking family did!!"

"NOW, LET ME FEEL IT!!!" Gaara yelled and my eyes widened when he launched himself at our direction. Half of his body's already.... Different. It's that demon beast..... He's transforming. Damn. This is bad.

"Sasuke! Freaking get out of here, you freaking hard-headed jerk!!" I exclaimed and appeared in front of him, kicking him on the stomach. He flew back and Gaara's.... No..... The demon's hand shoved me out of the way. He's really after Sasuke. I coughed up blood and hit a damn tree. Ah damn. The bones in my back will freaking break if this continues.

Gaara.... I have to stop him myself.

This will be my match. My real match.