Chapter 8: The Chosen One

"I know he has the heart to lead his fellow students. He will surely be a big help. He has already proven it many times. I think we had chosen the right person for the position." The President concluded.

"I guess we already made our decision?" The Chairman asked the rest of the members of the panel.

All of them nod their heads in agreement.

"Mr. Lee can you please call both of them to come in." The President commanded.

Sir Lee bowed his head, "Okay Mr. President."

He went out to call Suho and Min Na.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You and Suho were standing in front of the panel. You could hear your heart beating louder than your thoughts.

Suho could see at his peripheral vision that you were troubled.

The Chairman of the Board stood up.

"Oh no! Here it goes! Please please not me!" You thought.

"Mr. Kim Jun Myeon and Miss Han Min Na, in behalf of the members of the panel, we would like you to know that you are both assets of this Academy. You are both deserving for the position. However, just like any competition, one will win and one will lose. Mr. President will do the honors of announcing the next Two Moon Supreme Student Officer." The Chairman said.

The President stood up while Sir Lee handed something on him. It was a golden badge. The President walked and stood in front of the both of you as he showed the golden badge.

There were two crescent moons facing side by side. It was beautiful, it looked so precious. You and Suho's eyes brighten up as both of you stared at the badge.

"This is the first time that we will be giving this golden badge for the next Two Moon Supreme Student Officer. This badge symbolizes the pride of our academy so whoever wears this among the two of you, always remember that you carry the name of our academy. And this golden badge deserves to be yours." The President looked at you.

"Me?" You surprisingly asked. "But.."

The President smiled at you as he pinned the badge on your uniform beside the academy logo.

Suho looked at you, he seemed to be surprised. Why was it so? Wasn't this what he wanted to happen?

"Miss Han, we chose you because we had seen how you answered. It came from your heart. We honor your honesty and your humility. The panel are really impressed. You are truly deserving Miss Han. Congratulations!" The President said as he tapped your shoulder.

Suho then offered his hand, "Congratulations Miss Han! As what the President had just said, you are deserving to be the Supreme Student Officer." He said as you were still in shocked. You looked at him. You shook his hand. You could not even utter a word. This was unbelievable!

"Miss Han, aren't you gonna say anything?" Sir Lee asked who was just beside the President that you did not notice that he was there because you were completely out of your mind.

Suho shook your arm and whispered, "Ya! Miss Han!"

Then, you were suddenly awake with your senses. "I am the chosen one? WHHHHY?!!!!" You thought.

"I am so sorry, I just don't know what to say really. I am completely out of my mind. I don't think I can do this Mr. President." You said.

The President smiled at you. "Miss Han, if I were in your place I would also reacted the same. But I already told you, the panel saw how genuine you are. You also said that you only prefer to be a follower, but good leaders all started to be as followers. Don't worry Miss Han..." as he looked at Suho and continued, "I am assigning Mr. Kim to be your guide. He has been the officer for 3 years and I am sure he will teach you everything you need to know and to do as a Supreme Student Officer. Right Mr. Kim?" The President asked.