06 \ 過誤

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
006゚  m i s t a k e s
   —and we thought
     we're right.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

Stay away from
Chenle from now on...

Or else we'll have
to go with option B...

Remembering his words give me the creeps. It almost feels like coming from someone else, not from Huang Renjun who I've known for years.

The afternoon bell rang loudly, indicating that morning session is over and it's already time for lunch break.

Some of my classmates went to their own business, shuffling across the entire classroom as they step in and out. Yet there's me, still minding the same problem.

People experiencing
amnesia often acts like
a different person...

My and Chenle's conversation a few days ago flashed back into my head. He's becoming more and more right about it the longer I spend time with Renjun.

Oh no. What to do?! Renjun is really turning into a whole somebody else!

"Hyenji," someone tapped my shoulders, grabbing back my soul from another dimension.

"Let's go to the cafeteria," Chenle flashed a smile.

But...

Should I really avoid him?! Should I follow what Renjun wants?!

"Uhm... m-maybe---"

"Good timing, Renjun is here! Let's eat together," Chenle added, pointing at the door.

I tilted my head to see Renjun. He stood at the doorway of our classroom, arms crossed as he stare at us intently. The looks he's shooting us is like lazers, burning me as I gaze back.

Crap.

I should do something.

"Chenle," I paused and chuckled nervously, "Uhm, I think- I think I'm not eating lunch today," I lied and ended up making him frown.

I can't believe I just lied related with food! Gah!

"Why?" he asked and sat on the chair beside me. He just made it worse.

Double crap.

Should I just yell at him to go away?! That would be easy! But a lot rude.

I glanced over my shoulder to peek at Renjun. He's still there, but wearing a more serious face. I have never thought that Chenle's presence around me could affect him that much.

The old Renjun I used to know, he's okay with everybody, a complete opposite to the one I'm seeing right now.

Renjun raised an eyebrow towards me. Then he motioned me to hurry as he slowly taps on his non-existent watch.

What's more scary? It feels like Renjun is the grim reaper himself who's telling me that my time is up!

"I-I'm not hungry," I stuttered, breaking my eyecontact with Renjun.

"Now go away!" I pleaded.

Chenle became more confused to my sudden actions. But I care less as I started pushing him off of his seat. I think he'll get involved with the trouble if I don't stay away from him.

"Hyenji."

I stopped.

Shoot- he's here! What to do?! Hell, what to do?!

Like in horror movies, I slowly spun my head to see Renjun at our back.

A smile was plastered on his lips but a part of me is not convinced with it. I know he's mad.

"Let's eat lunch together. Chenle, do you want to join us?" Renjun asked.

Eh?

Mwo?

He left me dumbfounded. But Chenle, since he had no idea what an actual shit is happening, he only fired up and felt more cheerful as ever.

"Of course!" Chenle chirped.

Is Renjun serious right now?! I thought he... wait, maybe it's just me who's misundertanding.

Right! It's only an outcome of misinterpretation, Hyenji. A mistake. He's not what you think.

Well, hopefully.

The three of us headed to the cafeteria and lined up to get our food. We chose to sit at the table near the windows. Chenle and Renjun both agreed that the view is great there.

I'm the first one to pick a sit. Chenle sat next to me, leaving Renjun the option of sitting across us.

This doesn't mean anything, does it? Renjun is back to normal, right?

Why am I still feeling uneasy?

"Nice! They got ramyeon on today's menu!" Chenle started digging into his food.

I chuckled at the sight, as if I was the mother watching my son eat his favorite dishes.

Renjun did the same, laughing along. Thank goodness.

"Chenle-ah, do you want another banana milk?" I heard Renjun asked, offering his only drink.

"Yes, thank you," Chenle claimed the beverage from his hands and took a sip right away.

Woah, they're actually getting along well. I'm glad, so are they.

I was about to pop another bite of egg roll in my mouth when my phone vibrated in my pocket.

Someone texted.

I fished out my phone and---

From: Renren⭐️
Sit beside me 😡

Well, I was wrong after all.