02 \ 無知

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
002゚  i g n o r a n c e
          —and we thought
            we knew.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

"Hyenji!"

I stopped my tracks under the pouring rain when my name was called from behind.

Before I can spin my head to see the owner of the voice, he's already at my side, panting from all the running.

"Chenle?"

He's still taking his time catching his breath, but we already walked forward, side by side, heading to school.

"I forgot my umbrella," Chenle stated, explaining how he ended up wet with his school uniform.

"It's not like you would bring one," I teased, making him roll his eyes in a playful state.

Chenle is a neighbor and also a classmate of mine. We're not that close yet I consider him worth as a friend. He's nice to me, anyway.

Our funny conversation only lasted when we found ourselves in front of the school gate. There I saw Renjun, who also just arrived, under his familiar blue umbrella.

"Renjun!"

I tugged Chenle by the elbow and dragged him with me beside Renjun, I can't just leave Chenle, right? Poor guy, already soaking.

"Hey," Renjun greeted me with a smile. Yet his lips was tugged down, ever so slowly, until you can't see an evidence of his beautiful smile, when he became busy eyeing Chenle.

"Hello, you must be Huang Renjun! I'm Chenle!" the boy next to me lent his empty hand towards him.

For a few seconds, I held in my air, silently praying for Renjun to take his handshake, but soon relieved when he did.

"Nice to meet you, Chenle," Renjun replied. His cheery smile is back again.

The time came when we have to go to our separate ways since Renjun is from a different class. I hope he's now capable of taking care of himself, after a week of my help to his forgotten memory.

Right after we bid our goodbyes, Chenle and I continued walking to our classroom.

"Is Renjun still the same as he was before his accident?" asked Chenle, scratching his eyebrow as curiosity made him question.

"Yeah. Why?"

"People experiencing amnesia often acts like a different person," he stated, turning to me as surprise filled me up. So he's suddenly smart, now?

"Is that so?" but Renjun is in his usual self, anyway.

Thank goodness.