04 \ 事故

̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
004゚ m i s h a p s
-and we thought
    we're lucky.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

I'm dead.

That's all I can say.

I brushed my hair, rushing as I force them to straighten down. I've never done multitasking over things in need of time until now.

While sliding up my skirt on, I continue fixing my hair. I put on my shoes while stuffing my books into my bag. As I stride down the stairs, I was still brushing my teeth.

"Honey, eat something first," Mom saw me entering the dining area.

But I'm not planning to eat. Hell, I'd rather starve than be weighted down from punishments under our PE teacher. I'm just gonna use the sink at the kitchen to gargle up. And of course, to ask Mom for my allowance.

"I'll eat later," I answered once I was done.

Thank God she's still feeling sleepy. She would never let me escape if I don't have a spoonful of fresh breakfast in my stomach - unless she's half asleep.

Mom already got my allowance in her hand. I took it, kissed her goodbye, and exited before her coffee starts kicking in.

I checked on my watch only to be reminded that death awaits for my arrival at school.

But it was only when a sight stumbled upon before me and poured a bucket of relief.

Outside, crossing the road, Chenle was running with his hair still wet from shower and lacking a brush. His bag is even unzipped, causing him to stop dead on tracks to pick up his things beside the street.

Woah, I thought I'm the only one who'll die today.

"Chenle!" I called out cheerfully as I ran to him.

I should be worrying about being late, especially when our first subject is handled by the least teacher I ever want to see. But Chenle looks humiliated by my presence, giving me a hard time to hinder a laugh.

"Y-You're there," he stammered.

At that time, I neglected being friendly and polite. I just watched him getting his things back in his bag. I'm not going to defend that I'm not a sadist BUT I'm not a sadist.

"My homework nearly fell at the puddles," Chenle eventually mouthed, walking at my side as he clutched on both straps of his backpack.

"I'm such a klutz. I almost throw away all of my effort..." he's likely thinking out loud rather than talking to me.

This person is sure full of repentance.

"Anyway, why are you late?" I changed the subject to liven up the atmosphere.

We went down to another block, on our way to the subway station.

He was thinking for a second, but he turned to me with an evident scowl.

"Shouldn't you ask that yourself?" he spat and rolled his eyes.

Just how dare he?

I'm a month older than him! He should be at least serious while answering me, for Peter Pan's sake!

After enduring what's there to endure, Chenle and I finally made it to school. Yet, the gate is already closed.

"We got no choice. Let's wait---"

"Let's not," he flashed a wide grin at me, so bright that I felt the urge to cover my eyesight.

Gravity took place when he fired up his bag above the air, and letting it fall to the other side of the gate. He started climbing up the tall gate which put his height in shame.

Well, seems like no one's stopping this guy.

"Wait up!" I shouted and also let fly my bag inside.

When Chenle was finally at the top, he sat on the gate in a comfortable position. Is he crazy?! He might fall! I don't want to be responsible for his accident!

"What? I thought you want help."

That's when I realized he was actually giving me his hand as a help. I grab-hold onto him then he began pulling me up while I push against the metal bars.

The ambiance over the gate is overwhelmingly refreshing. Maybe it's the wind's work. Or maybe because it's the first time I have ever broken a rule.

Truthfully, being bad is not that bad after all.

"Are you done?" Chenle snapped me out. Good thing he did or else I wouldn't mind of getting down.

Chenle jumped off and landed safely on the ground. Look who just became a bad influence.

"Come on, what are you waiting for?!" he finally picked up his bag and was ready to leave.

"I'm afraid of heights, you moron! Don't leave me here!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Just jump! It's not that high."

Even if someone reassures me the same thing for a freaking hundred times, that height is nothing to be scared of, hell I'll just feel worse.

"Fine, I'll catch you!" Chenle sighed in annoyance as he suggested his own regret. Is he sure?

Okay. In the count of three, Hyenji. You're gonna be okay.

One....

Two...

"Hyenji!" I paused myself.

My attempt on diving off came to an end when I saw Renjun running towards us.

Then he looked at me.

He looked very very mad.