Chapter 19

"You want to what?" Camila asked.

"Start a private practice." Her wife replied.

It was the next morning and Lauren had told her about the board and everything that had occurred the night before. The brunette was glad to hear that the doctor had decided to quit instead of taking the offer. Plus she knew any hospital would want Lauren, but now that may not even be in the picture if her wife went on with her vision.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! I'll be the owner of the whole thing, I pick my hours and everything. I'll have more time for you guys."

"Then go for it, but can I decorate it?" Camila asked pouting her lip.

Lauren chuckled, "Yes babe." Then gave her a kiss on the lips.

Not surprisingly, moments later they were interrupted by the doctor's phone releasing the very familiar text tone that was specialized for Dinah's texts.

D: I just heard what happened last night! I said to not take the job, not to quit yours!

D: I swear I'm going to go over today and kill you, with Mila's permission of course :) tell her I said hi btw!

D: You better have a good ass explanation Jauregui when I get there

"What did she say?" Camila asked.

"See for yourself." Lauren told her then handed the phone over.

The brunette laughed, "She's crazy."

"That hasn't changed, but I'm going to go meet with a real estate agent so we could begin looking at buildings with Callie."

"Okay, but can we go out to lunch later today?"

"Yeah just let Amber know."

Camila nodded then kissed her wife, "Be careful."

"Always." Lauren smiled then walked out of the room and pulled their orthopedic friend out the front door.

"Are you sure about this?" Callie asked once they were inside one of Lauren's many cars.

"One hundred percent."

The surgeon sighed, "I'm just going to miss you in the hospital."

Lauren chuckled, "Don't go crying on me now, plus you can work with me."

"Wait, you're offering me a job?"

"Mhm, plus I figured it'd be a little awkward bumping into Arizona from time to time."

"A little? But I accept." She replied with a wide smile.

"Good, we'll have two operation rooms in the building so you and other doctors can keep operating as well."

"Thanks boss." 

_

It was hours later and Lauren had found the perfect building for her future practice. She had already hired people to start tearing things down that weren't going to be needed for the future project. She'd then meet with the architect later today.

Lauren was now at lunch with her family as she promised this morning.

"So Amber, how's Natalie?"

"She's great." The little girl giggled at the mention of the other little girl.

Conversations flew in and out throughout the entire lunch and they were getting ready to leave. They had paid the bill and the family was crossing the restaurant when a woman yelled for help.