Ch 1: Only Hope

Twelve Years Ago

Today was the big day. You know why today was the big day? It's because today was the day Stiles Stilinski's life would change forever, and he didn't even know it yet. Today his wealthy and beautiful mother Claudia was getting married to the equally rich and gorgeous Peter Hale.

He's always dreamed of having a dad again and having siblings. "Mommy, mommy!" Stiles said running up to his moms changing room. She looked down at her adolescent six year old boy with the biggest smile on her face.

"What is it sweety?" She asked.
"I... I just wanna know if- if we were going to be a big happy family again." Stiles said blushing. Claudia smiled and put her arm around his little shoulders.

"Of course we will. Today's the day you finally get your wish! You're going to have two new brothers that are the same age as you and a new dad! How awesome is that?!" Claudia said attempting to cheer him up.

Stiles smiled up at his mom and hugged her leg tight as if he never wanted to leave her sight ever again. "The most important thing to me mom is that you're happy." Stiles said. Claudia rubbed the top of her son's head. "I haven't been this happy since the day I married your father." She said.

Stiles missed his father. He was a police officer who was brave, noble, and an amazing father and husband. Sadly he passed away from a gunshot wound two years ago. Stiles remembers how much his mother cried and how depressed she was when he passed. She wouldn't really talk to anyone not even her own son. She just kind of existed, but sometimes she acted as if she were dead. Stiles didn't really know how to explain it, but the point is she's back to her original self before his death.

"Don't worry mom I miss him too." Stiles said. "He will always be in our hearts, and when you do miss him look at the moon. Because no matter where you are, the moon is visible wherever you go just like his spirit." Claudia said.

"Well the ceremony will start any minute now, so go get the rings while I finish freshening up dear." Claudia said. Stiles nodded and ran out the door.

It was time. Here comes the bride came on, so everybody stood up and watched at Claudia walk down the aisle with her dad. Stiles smiled when he saw how beautiful his mother looked in her dress. Her smile was contagious and so was her happiness. He looked at his dad to be's facial expression hoping to see if he was happy to see her walking to him. He was barely smiling; he had more of a smirk on his face than a smile. Stiles found that kind of suspicious, but as long as his mom was happy he was happy.

The ceremony was beautiful and the reception just as remarkable. Everybody was dancing to all the early 00's hits like Señorita by Justin Timberlake and classic love songs like You're just too good to be true by Frank Valli. Stiles was having a great time watching people he loved and cared about having fun and celebrating romance and a birth of a new family. However he couldn't help but notice the constant glares his two new stepbrothers kept giving him. He decided it was probably nothing, and he continued partying.

"Okay boys, it's picture time!" Claudia said. All three of the boys gathered in front of the newly weds for their family photo. Jackson and Theo both had a devious smile on their faces, but Stiles didn't pay it no mind.

"Okay ready? 3...2...1!" The photographer said. Theo and Jackson had stamped on Stiles' feet which made him yelp and make a pained expression on his face. The picture came out looking like something you'd see on a terrible 80's Christmas card. Theo and Jackson laughed at his pain and walked off after the picture was taken.