"Oh so he's Jer now?" Ashton scoffs.

"Why are you being like this?" I pouted.

"Me? You're the one who is all around Jeremy!" He put an accusing finger at me.

"Oh is it? Ashton, you can't stay with me for 10 minutes."

"Pa-lease! 10 minutes is nothing. You're my best friend, Anns! Of course I can."

"We'll see." I half whispered.

10 minutes? Lol, who am I kidding?

"Ashton! Could you please help me with my packing?" Bitch Mel's annoying voice rang in my ears.

"Be right there!" Ashton called back to her, and then turned towards me. "Hey, I'll be back in 2 minutes, okay?"

"Don't bother," I replied, and walked away.

Thankfully Jeremy was already waiting outside. He gave me a bright smile, and I waved back to him.

[Ashton'sP.O.V]

"Hey, I'll be back in 2 minutes, okay?" I told Anna.

"Don't bother," was all she replied before walking away from me.

Anna never walked away from me. What had I done?

As I was turning around to meet Mel, I saw Anna wave to Jeremy. Ugh. Bloody Jeremy!

"Yeah, tell me what you need?" I asked Mel, walking into the room.

"Oh, nothing actually; I just wanted to spend some time with you," she replied.

"Seriously Mel?" he asked, "I was talking to Anna out there!" I told her, hotly.

Why would Mel do that?

"Oh, I'm sure she can wait. Can't she?" She asked, so politely.

"Yeah, I hope so." I whispered.

10 minutes. 10 minutes alone with me was all she asked for. Why couldn't I give her that? Leave 10, I could barely give her 2 minutes. All my life I stuck with her and now I don't have to minutes for my best friend?

"I'll be back; I got to speak to coach, okay?" I lied.

I ran back outside to where I expected Anna to be she was there, but she wasn't alone.

And then, I felt something I have never before.

I felt my heart break.

No, not because she was with Jeremy, it was because she was crying. And this time it wasn't my shoulder that was there to comfort her, or to wipe her tears. It was Jeremy. Why? Why was she crying? And more importantly, why didn't she come to me?

Because you were busy with Mel, said another part of me.

Oh god, Diana. What's wrong with her?

I couldn't pull my eyes away from them. She just kept on crying and crying. He kept trying to comfort her and tell her soothing words but she seemed to cry even more. What happened that was so sudden?

Before I could judge my actions or try to stop myself from doing something stupid, I was already across the lobby into the woods where the two of them were standing.

I pulled Jeremy away from her and wrapped my arms around Anna securely.

She instantly responded to my touch. So damn weird. She was still crying, her tears soaking my shirt. But I didn't give a damn. I just pulled her even closer. For a moment she was stiff, but then seemed to relax under my grip.

"Diana, what is wrong?" I whispered to her, lifting her chin up.

She was just so stubborn, she wouldn't look.

When she finally did, her eyes held onto mine. She was my best friend. And I was supposed to be there for her no matter what.

"Ashton, let me go," she finally answered, and it wasn't what I expected.

"Not until you tell me, no."

She was about to answer when she was cut off by an angry Mel!

"Oh, so this is who your coach is?" She asked.

I let go of Anna and went and placed myself beside Mel. I had to do this.

"No, I just saw Anna crying on the way, so I was just comforting her. It's nothing, its all fine now." I replied with a smile.

"So let's go then?" Mel asked me.

I nodded and turned to follow her. But before that, I had to take one last look at Anna. Her mouth made a wide 'O' as if she did not believe what I had just done.

When she met my gaze, she turned away and took Jeremy along with her.

___________________________________________

Hey guys! So this was the only Ashton's P.O.V that I'm going to give you.

I might add one later, but not too soon.

So which team are you on?

Team Ashton OR Team Jeremy?

Vote&&Comment💜