“Does it matter anymore? They already know me and hate me.”

Zayn was kind of surprised to see Autumn with this devil-may-care attitude.

“Are you already drunk? You’re being brave and badass. You must be drunk.”

“Shut up.” She laughed. “It’s just adrenaline, I guess.”

He smiled. “Ready?”

“Let’s go.”

#

“I shouldn’t be this okay.” Autumn said. “I’ve drank too much.”

Zayn laughed again. “Yes, you have. You said that, like three times already.”

“No. I didn’t!” she said. She looked at the dance floor and saw all the dancing people. She quickly looked away.

“Just, take me back home when I get mindlessly drunk.”

“How do you reckon I’ll know when that is?” he asked, taking a sip of his beer.

“You’ll know I’m gone when I decide to dance.” She said, with disgust on her face.

He smiled.

His phone vibrated in his pocket . He said “I’ll take this call. Will you be okay?”

“Yes! I’m not a little kid!” she yelled, with a high pitched voice.

“Alright!”

He walked out to the alley and received the call.

“Hello?”

“Hey, mate.”

“Harry?”

“Yeah. Just checking if you’re free tonight.”

“For?”

“We just thought we’d hang out.”

“Oh. I cant. I’m with Autumn.” He replied, running his palm through his hair.

“Will you be late?”

“I don’t know. Maybe.”

“Alright. No worries. Bye.”

“Bye.”

He cut the call and went back inside.

Autumn was speaking, or at least trying to speak through the loud music on her phone.

“I can’t hear you!” she yelled.

He smiled at her stupidity. ‘Man, she gets really lame, when she gets drunk!’ He thought.

“Who is it?” he asked her. “You didn’t drunk-dial someone, did you?”

“No.” she said. “It’s Nathan!” she extended the phone towards him, and yelled into it again. “Here, Nathan, speak to Zayn!”

She pressed the phone to his ear and waited, rather impatiently, pressing it harder to his ear. He winced and finally took the phone.

“Hello?” he said, walking to the alley again.

“Hello.” The male voice from the other end said, rather awkwardly.

“I’m sorry, mate. Autumn’s quite……tipsy right now.”

“Yeah, I figured.” The American accent was noticeable.

“Is this something really important?” Zayn asked.