Realizations

** Sean's perspective **

Sleeping was no longer an option. I stayed up until five for the past two nights. I couldn't be in love with Y/N... I can't. If I am; if I did, I could hurt her. Jack could hurt her. And I can't let that happen. Why can I shove Signe so far away so easily, but with Y/N I want them to stay? I know that they are in danger around Jack, yet I want them in my arms forever... I wanted to protect them, but I know I'm the only danger in their life now.

But... the truth was  that I was scared of Jack; but also myself. I had completely shoved him out of control, and into my darkest corner. Without thinking twice, I had shut him up entirely. Part of me was worried that I was going to become him one day, and lose control while he murdered many innocent people. Part of me was scared that I was enjoying it. I wouldn't... but was I? Anything and everything was happening at this point. Why wouldn't I enjoy the murders I was forced to partake in?! 

I realized that I was hitting my arm with my fist. I don't know why, but it felt like I was doing something. I breathed out slowly, and went into my kitchen, and grabbed a cookie that was in the cabinet. I shook my head as I munched on it quietly. I smiled, grabbed another cookie, and went into my room. I collapsed on my bed, but it wasn't comforting anymore. It was like sitting on a thousand pieces of hot coals. Yet, it felt so cold. Nothing and no one was there, but I wanted something or someone to be there. 

Hopping out of my bed, I walked to Y/N's room. They were scrolling through their phone. Lying on their side having their back face the door. 

" Hey," I muttered.

They jumped in response, and looked over their shoulder at me. " Oh, hey Sean!" The chirped. " What's up?"

" I, uh... To be honest, I wanted to be with you," I said, smiling as I rubbed my neck with my hand.

" Oh, uh, sure!" Y/N said, a but uncertain.

I put out my hands in defense. " If you don't want me, I'll just-"

" No! I was just wondering why you want to sleep with me," Y/N said.

" Well, I just ate two cookies like a child. And, what's wrong with snuggling with my favorite person?" I asked.

" N-nothing!" They blurted.

I smiled at their weirdness, and walked over to their bed. I flopped on, and rolled over against Y/N's back. Wrapping an arm around their waist, I pulled them closer to me until their waist was touching mine. I pulled up the covers, and closed my eyes.

Everything faded into darkness as I fell asleep, holding everything precious to me.