Pack Life

Lily's had become the place to be

Lily's had become the place to be. At any given time there were people filling her house up to bursting, even to the point where some seating had been set up in the back and surrounding clearing. 

The younger women were just as Klaus had predicted, excited to know her and ever so curious about the wormy big apple she'd grown up in. The older women seemed quite determined to teach her how to cook, and you didn't argue with determined Babushki. It wasn't that lily minded, she really didn't. It was like she'd gone from having no family to a gigantic and very lovingly protective one. In many ways, life was an upgrade. 

There were drawbacks though. 

She couldn't get very far before someone from the pack caught up with her and dragged her back to the safety of pack territory. She was never left alone for long and part of her really wanted to be alone. She was so used to the solitude that she actually found herself longing for it now sometimes. 

Then there was Damien, hanging around and growing ever more dominant in her mind. He didn't so much chill with the pack as he hung around the edges, watching over everyone like a great and distant protector. 

She couldn't get a second of solitude and yet he seemed full of loneliness. How was that even possible. Then again the older wolves didn't feel he needed to learn anything, while she was getting a wild education. 

Still, despite her growing attraction for Damien, it wasn't until she dreamed about him for the first time that she was forced to truly acknowledge it. She woke up with her heart racing, and her body on fire and an ache forming deep inside her. 

Currently, he was out front, chopping wood for the fireplace with no shirt on, and she was contemplating his abdominal area and the way his pants hung around his hips just so, the slight sheen of sweat on him. She nearly jumped out of her skin when Amara lightly slapped her on the arm. 

The woman's eyes widened in surprise for a second and then she burst out laughing after following her gaze through the window. 

"You should have seen ...your face...oh dear heaven...absolutely..priceless!" Gasped Amara, nearly doubled over and still laughing. 

"Of come off it, it wasn't that funny!" Lily insisted. Then again maybe it was. She couldn't help but start laughing too. "How many times did you say my name?" 

"Oh, a good four or five times." Amara murmured. Now they were both laughing. 

"I can't believe you caught me looking!" Klaus walked in from the woods completely naked. This was something Lily had become used to over the last few weeks. Nudity was no big deal among the pack as they transformed so often that it was inconvenient to have clothing everywhere. She thought of Damien showing up naked and blushed furiously. She'd yet to catch sight of him in that state. 

"What did I walk in on?" He questioned, looking between the two women in confusion. 

"Indeed?" Damien was right behind him, pulling on his shirt. The laughter stopped gradually, with the men looking even more lost. 

"Nothing." It came out as a high squeak and Lily cleared her throat. "Nothing at all, just silly girl talk is all." She and Amara smirked at each other and she was grateful that Amara had her back and wasn't planning on telling on her for checking out the alpha. Through the pack bonds, she could sense Damien's thirst and before she knew it she was pouring him a big glass of ice water and handing it to him before he even headed towards the sink. He blinked, almost startled and then nodded his thanks, taking the glass, his eyes lingering slightly before he walked out of the room. 

Klaus smirked and waggled his brows at her. "Way to anticipate a fella's needs halfie." She shrugged a little embarrassed. 

"Does that mean something?"

"It means you are paying attention to him in a big way. It's not normal, so he noticed it. Anticipating his needs that way is something a mate would do." 

"So, did I basically just come on to him?" She felt herself blush about a billion shades of red. 

"In a very roundabout and formal way, yes, but he's old enough he'll take it seriously if it happens again, so make sure if it does, that  that's the message you want to send." She nodded as Klaus walked out. 

"Okay, this is driving me nuts. I'm into Damian Amara, but every indication I get says that's gonna get way more serious than I want it to for now. He doesn't strike me as the take a girl out for a movie kind of guy." 

"No, he is far more serious than that." Amara sat down at her kitchen table. "He's definitely the jump right into serious type with very little lead up if any. But here is my advice. If you want him, you must tease him." 

"Tease him?" Her eyes widened. "I've been to some burlesque clubs back in NYC but I'm not willing to do that." They both chuckled at Lily's joke. 

"No silly girl, I mean a small touch there or here, find out what his favorite scent is and wear it constantly, put yourself in his way, be where he is without being in his way. Don't let him forget you. Contribute to the pack. Instead of just hosting them, start taking care of them. Show him you can be a Luna." 

"I never thought about that before. I've never met a Luna." 

"I have," Amara said. "They are the mother of the pack, much as the Alpha is like the father of the pack. If you want him and his wolf to see you as a potential mate, since he isn't reacting to the pull already between you, show him you can be one. He won't be able to resist it, trust me." 

"Oh, I do." She sipped her coffee. "Now how the hell do I find out what his favorite scent is?" Amara laughed. 

"For that my dear you are on your own. You'll want to ask Klaus as he's closest to Damien in the pack, or you could be brave and ask Damien yourself. 

"I'm not sure how to pull that off without posing and saying 'take me now sailor!' They both dissolved into a fit of laughter again. But it wasn't long before other pack members made their way inside, greeting the two women. 

This time, instead of feeling overwhelmed, Lily welcomed them and looked after their needs carefully, paying attention to the pack bonds, not like she had with Damien, but instead in a more motherly way. Each woman responded pretty well to it, even the more dominant females. 

And with Amara's advice in her head, Lily began to work hard to make her house the pack house. The place where everyone came to feel safe and cared for loved and important. He didn't give her many chances but whenever she could anticipate him, she simply did for Damien without him asking, making her intentions perfectly plain. 

She wasn't extremely experienced with men and she was easy to make blush, but once she knew what she wanted she didn't mind going for it with the single-minded tenacity of a bull. Inexperienced as she was, she had no clue just how much her actions were affecting everyone around her. She didn't realize that by publicly making her advances she was forcing him into a corner. 

He would have to respond soon or they might both lose face, and he would need to respond publically.