Date Me

After the last bell rings, Vitta meets me at our lockers.
"Today is yalls date, isn't it?" she asks.
"If we can even make it anywhere. It's been snowing all day," I say.
"Don't use that as an excuse," she says winking at me. I stick my tongue out at her and roll my eyes. Zeke's old friends, Luke and Mark come walking up.
"Hey Leila," Luke says.
"Hey guys," I say smiling at them.
"How are you?" Mark asks.
"You know what, I'm pretty good," I answer.
"That's good," Mark says with a smile.
"We were wondering of you wanted to hang out sometime?" Luke aska surprising me.
"Oh... Um... Sure," I hesitate.
"Awesome," Luke says. They both hand me a slip of paper.
"See you later," Mark says and they walk away. The pieces of paper have their numbers scribled on them. I look over to see Vitta staring at me.
"Who knew having a dead ex could get you all the guys," she says turning to her locker.
"Ha ha," I say sarcastically.
"Hey ladies," Jax says walking up.
"Have fun on your date," Vitta says and starts walking away.
"Be careful driving home!" I tell after her. She waves her hand in dismissal and continues walking. I shake my head after her and follow Jax down the hallway. Jax drives us to a small diner well known for everything they serve being homemade. We slide into a booth. I order a pepsi, and Jax gets a sweet tea.
"So, how is life?" I ask him as I pop a piece of roll into my mouth.
"Good. I'm here with you," he replies with a grin. I smile back at him.
"Did Zeke know about our date?" he asks.
"No," I answer. He doesn't reply to that. Out waitress comes back and takes our order. I decide on season chicken, baked potato, and corn. Jax gets a bbq bacon burger and fries. Jax phone chimes and he checks it. I watch him read the screen and then set his phone on the table. He sighs and rubs his forehead.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"My brother just for into town," he says.
"That's a bad thing?" I ask.
"He's just annoying and a complete ass," he says.
"Oh, I'm sorry," I say.
"Wanna meet him?" He asks me.
"Do you want me to meet him?" I ask back.
"Yeah," he answer.
"Then yes, I will meet him," I reply. He smile. For the rest of the date we talk about random stuff and he tells me about his brother. Afterwards, he drops me off at my house.
"Thanks," I say to him.
He walks me to the door then pulls me into a hug. He smells heavenly. When he pulls away he looks me in the eyes. This time I pull him by the short and kiss him. I can feel the smile across his face under my lips against his. It makes me smile too.
"I'll see you later," I say when I pull away.
"Later," He says with a smile then i go inside. I run up to my room and look down on my bed.
"I saw that," Zeke says coming Out of nowhere.
"What?" I ask slipping my shoes off.
"You kissed him," he says.
"I'm sorry Zeke. I think I'm falling for Jax," I blurt before I can stop it from coming Out of my mouth. I regret it as soon as I say it.
"Oh..." he says Then disappears.

____________________________________