I mean, not even 24 hours had passed by. Gods, this was sick. It was making me sick.

I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces, even though it was already broken, it just seemed to fall apart by every passing second. I wasn't crying anymore. There was nothing to cry about. I was a fool to think I had a chance with him and wait for him. I don't know how many years have passed? 8 or maybe 9. That's how long I've loved Ashton Waters for. And that's how long I hid my feelings for him, anyways, not like it would make a difference.
Mel was pretty, a blonde bimbo, might I add. Tall, beautiful, charming, and smart, she was perfect, she was the kind of girls, guys fell for.

I'm just a short hopeless annoying brunette who was not a nerd, yeah I got good grades and all, but not an A* I was one of the popular clique, so of course Ashton wouldn't fall for me. She was everything I'm not- except a bimbo-that, I didn't want to be.

I hate how guys fall for the girls they think are smart and innocent. What? Just because we do all the shit you do doesn't make us un-dateable.

"-ANNA! EARTH TO!" Ashton said shaking me.

"I-I really think I should go back inside." I almost stammered. Why was I stammering? Oh yeah, because she was the one.

"Gosh, Anna. Stop it. Stop acting like this! What have I done? Why are you being so distant from me! I'm your best friend. That counts for something."

"Ashton, you and Mel would make a great couple-" I said forcing the words out with the best fake smile I could plaster on my face "-when will you ask her out? If you are, that is"

"Tomorrow. We're going to watch the sunset right? I think that would be the best and most perfect moment. Wouldn't it?"

"We're going to the echo point"

"Yes, but we'll see the sunset there. Coach said so, anyways, that would be pretty perfect right? It won't be too soon, too fast right?"

I shook my head, not trusting the words that would come out of my mouth.

Just when we were heading back to the room, the most annoying voice in the planet spoke.

"Ashton! You scared me. Where did you go off to?" Asked Mel.

"I-uh, nothing, I'm here now, let's go." He said, he then looked at me, gave me a sad smile and took Mel by her hand and led her inside. He walked right past me, without sparing me another glance.

Thank you, Ashton- for never forgetting me, or choosing another girl over me. Yay!

"Wanna take a walk?" A comforting voice asked.

Despite of everything, I managed a smile. Jeremy was just so caring.

"Thank you." I whispered.

We just walked and walked in silence for 15 minutes, when he finally spoke. "Are you okay?"

"Okay?" I asked. "I don't know what that means."

"You're really strong, Anna. You should know that." He replied.

"Strong?" I scoffed. "What makes you say so?"

"The fact that you have loved your best friend forever, and still been able to be beside him, without warning him about how the only reason for your tears and multiple heartbreaks is him. Just one person. How you manage to help him with his love life when you can barely even stand the thought of him being with some other girl. How you are always there for him, no matter what. How you don't get mad at him for leaving you alone or forgetting about you. How you let him hurt you every single day but still be his best friend. How you keep everything inside you even though it's killing you every day. And most of all, how you manage to smile and keep your head up. You're a strong girl, Anna. Ashton is crazy to not see that."

I smiled.

A real smile.

Jeremy was just so sweet.

"Thank you, Jer. All this means a lot to me, it makes me feel special, you make me feel like some badass bitch who is in control of everything, you make me feel powerful, but that's not me. It's all a plaster. This is not me."

"That's what you think, but, there is no one I've met who can hold their life together with a smile even though it's already torn apart. Believe me, you're one heck of a girl."

"Aww, someone's being all mushy!" I teased. "Is it because of the coconut?"

"Ha ha. Funny."

I stuck out my tongue at him like a five year old.

"Gods. You want me to throw a coconut at your head? And see how it feels? I bet you'll go crazier than you already are." He said.

"Hmm. Then I should fill my form for the mental hospital, you know they're really crowded these days? A lot of mentals!" I replied. It was true!

He started laughing. "Like I said, you're crazy!"

"Thank you Jeremy. If it weren't for you, I would've drowned myself in my own tears. Oh and, for the record, I don't know how to swim."

"You what? And don't mention it, always here for you," he completed.

"I have barely known you for a day, man, just try not to turn out to be a phsyco killer who likes killing teenage girls, okay?" I told him.

"I'll try not to, but maybe I might just be a physco killer."