Chapter 9

"What. The fuck. Are. You. Doing. At. My. Party?" Lauren enunciated each word slowly in an indirect blow to his apparent – or lack of – intelligence. "Slow enough for you, Austain?"

"Huh?" he mumbled unintelligibly. "I heard there was a party, so I'm here to PAAARTY!!!" Lauren had to mentally restrain herself from face-palming at the most obvious display of idiocy she had ever seen.

"Camz, you do realise you spent over 3 or 4 years dating a guy with less thought capacity than a chimpanzee?" Lauren asked the girl, paying no mind to whether anyone else could overhear what was just said.

"It was 5," Camila murmured in embarrassment. Lauren could only faintly see the light blush that tinged the girl's tanned cheeks in the darkness. "I don't know what I was thinking," she breathed, looking up at the sky as if searching for answers.

"I would almost say you have worse taste in guys than me! Almost..."

"Lauren... don't even joke about that. I was so scared that the last time I would see you as a 17-year-old, was dead in a body-bag on the news." Lauren's eyes widened in shock. A part of her was ecstatic that her brown eyed neighbour cared, but another part was riddled with guilt over her past misdemeanours.

"Aww," she cooed, "Does that mean you care?" Her eyebrow quirked and a smirk plastered itself across her face. Her defence mechanism had once again kicked her facade into its default mode: arrogance. Yet, echoing through the chambers of her heart was what Lauren had truly wanted to say to Camila; an apology laced with her regret and gratitude.

"You wish, Jauregui!" Camila's tone switching back to light and playful. And Lauren did wish. Especially when Camila sent a missile to Lauren's somewhat coherent mind in the form of a wink and blasted any chance of response away.

They had been so caught up with one another, that they had forgotten about Austin. Thankfully, he was on the receiving end of a verbal Poly-beat down from Dinah. The two were caught in a furious argument that almost had Dinah practically flying over the edge of the stage at him.

"She's not fucking gay, you crazy-ass bitch! I have had my dick in that more times than I can count. You bitches say you're "lesbians" or whatever," he rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping from every word, "yet Lauren's sucked dick more times than I have ever jacked myself off! You just need someone to put you in your place."

"First of all, uh – ew! Second of all, you're a arrogant, limp-dicked asshole, and calling you stupid would be an insult to people with limited mental capacity," as if to illustrate her point, his expression contorted into confusion before the anger set in. "You don't get to decide what people do and how they feel – like who the FUCK do you think you are? You have no special right to judge," Dinah's face was fierce and her tone was a force to be reckoned with as she continued, 

"You're just bitter and jealous because a girl who was far  too good for you dumped your hopeless ass and moved on. I mean, look at you! If it were me, I wouldn't take that back if I were into dudes, if you had the perfect dick, and if I was paid a million dollars every year. You have, like, ZERO say in what or who she does. And don't you even fucking dare try to tell her who to be. If you're that desperate for relief, invest in a flesh-light or some shit, cause you're nasty ass ain't ever getting anywhere near Camila again!"

"Mila! CC...please? Are you really going to let this Islander  talk to me like that?"

Amidst the drama that was unfolding, Camila's hand had found its way into Lauren's – much to the older girl's enthrallment – and had slowly begun to strangulate her digits until there was no sensation left in her hand. Camila's hand somehow gripped increasing tighter, nails digging cresent-shaped grooves as she was forced to answer through her blinding rage, "How dare you?" her voice low and unforgiving. "I never ever want to see your face EVER again, Austin. And I am so glad that you cheated on me, because it has helped me realise how much of a complete asshole you really are..." her eyes bore deeply into his, and Lauren was thankful that it wasn't herself pinned under such a crippling gaze. "Don't ever bother talking to me again."

Austin rolled his eyes in response. "Babe, you don't know what you want! You chicks never do! And then I'm the bad guy when I get sick of your shit and go elsewhere."

Camila growled at him under her breath in anger and Lauren's protective side flared up. "I think you should leave," Lauren growled, speaking up for the first time in awhile. Her eyes flashed a ferocious green fire and the wind picked up, almost as if in response to her statement. "You are not welcome here, not now or ever."

"Or what?" he mocked. Lauren's eyes narrowed into fine slits, her free hand fiddling with her phone for a moment. She tossed the phone at Dinah, who astutely caught it and placed the device by her ear. As Dinah mumbled a few quick things into the mobile, Lauren finally noted Ally's disappearance. Glancing about, her eyes finally landed on the short brunette who was conspiring with Normani about something or other on the other side of the stage.

Suddenly, the music cut-off and Normani's voice boomed through the enormous area. "How are we all going tonight, people of Miamiiiiii?"

Her voice had caught everybody's attention, and those who weren't searching for the source of the voice responded with a loud cheer. "Come on guys, you can all do better than that!"

The response was triple-fold. Practically the entire backyard was roaring back at Normani, and the excitement was palpable.

"Now, I know everyone wants to hear us DJ's do our thang, but before we start there is someone here who needs to leave. And until he does, we're not gonna start our set," there was an anxious collective murmur that arose from the crowd and Lauren couldn't help but hide her small smile. "AUSTIN MAHONE!" A spotlight blasted on, drenching the arrogant boy in light and temporarily blinding him. Booing arose from the crowd, and people started shouting "Leave!" and "Get out!".

"This guy thinks that cheating, that racism, that judging people on their sexual preference is okay," the murmuring and booing increased in volume, "And to top it off, he crashed this party just to blackmail his ex and verbally abuse our friend and host, Lauren!"

Just as the discord began to reach it's peak, Lauren spotted her best mate Keaton approaching, along with Shawn and group of other guys for backup.

"Hey man," Keaton's tight voice made it's way up to her ears; the music of relief. Her body slowly released the immense pent up tension that she hadn't realised that she had been carrying. Beside her, she felt Camila slowly relax her painful grip on her hand once the brunette noticed Lauren's relief. "I think it would be better if you left. Nobody wants to see this become ugly."

The guys formed a semi-circle between Austin and the stage that the girls were standing on in an attempt to seem as intimidating as possible. Their tactic seemed to work well. Austin slowly backed off, raising his hands mockingly in the air. "It's all good guys; I'm all good." He turned towards the large crowd that had accumulated before the ongoing spectacle. "This was a lame party anyways!" he shouted. Turning back to the stage he continued: "I don't need this, and I don't need you, Camilla. Oh and fuck you, Whoregui!"

With those final parting words, he threw his cup away and used both hands to flip them all off. Each step with his every parting stride exuded an arrogance that was reminiscent of his bruised ego. The group of guys that had confronted him followed beside to escort him out, taking on the responsibilities of a bouncer.

Once the small group had left, the crowd began to bubble with unabashed excitement in anticipation for Normani's set. "Now that's finally over, WHO'S READY TO PARTY?!" Normani screamed, as the yard roared in response. The area was soon filled with EDM music as Mani did her thing, finally allowing the other girls to recover from the unwelcome shock of the encounter.

A/N :

Hey adorable people!

Ignorance and intolerance are ugly things and they break my heart 😢

I have edited some of the slurs out of his dialogue.

Mel <3