"Hey guys." Mariah said, skipping down the hall.

Janet got up and hugged her. "So dresses."

Mariah nodded. "Dresses, dahling. Where do we begin?"

"We all picked another dress for you to try on." Rebbie said.

Mariah nodded and noticed the four dresses on the rack. "Let me start trying them on."

"I'll come with you." Janet offered.

She picked up the three dresses and went back to the bedroom with Janet close behind. She picked up the dress off the top and slipped it on.

"Can you zip me?"

Janet nodded. "Sure."

Mariah turned around and posed in the mirror. "I like this one."

The dress tight-fitting lace with long sleeves. It wasn't her normal style, but she had to admit, the dress was cute. She figured Rebbie or Katherine had to have picked the dress based on the style.

"You like it, but you don't love it." Janet pointed out.

Mariah nodded. "I'd wear this to somebody else's wedding, not mine."

Janet laughed. "How are you gonna show up at somebody else's wedding in a wedding dress."

Mariah laughed. "Let's go show them."

Janet picked up the train and followed Mariah back out into the living room. She chuckled at herself already acting like a bridesmaid, but she was Mariah's maid of honor so she was going to be by Mariah's side through the whole process, especially with Michael on the other side of the world performing to sold-out stadiums.

Latoya shook her head. "I don't like it."

"I like it." Rebbie said. "It looks really classy. Right Mother?"

Mother hesitated, like she tended to do when she didn't have anything positive to say. "I don't think that's the dress."

Mariah nodded. "Yeah, it's not. I'm going to go try on the other ones."

After going through two more dresses and two more fails, Mariah slipped on the last dress, which happened to be Mother's pick. The dress had minimal detailing at the top, while the skirt flared out from the hip. It was very similar to the dress Janet had picked the first time, though with more detail.

Mariah turned around and gasped. "Janet, this is the one."

"Let's go show them." Janet suggested.

Mariah happily skipped out of the room and Janet raised an eyebrow, wondering how her mother had managed to choose the right dress. Mariah was twirling around in the living room when Janet got there while Latoya and Rebbie were grinning.

"Janet, isn't pretty?" Latoya asked.

Janet nodded. "You look beautiful Mimi. Mike is going to faint when he sees you."

Mariah paused. "You think so?"

"Either that or cry his eyes out." Latoya shrugged.  "Knowing my brother, probably both."

"Katherine, what made you pick this dress?" Mariah asked.

Mother shrugged. "A mother's intuition."

October 3rd, 1996

Michael had just left Amsterdam and had a few days before he had to be in Tunisia for his next concert so he decided to attend to some unfinished business. He could never marry Mariah until the issues in the air were resolved so he was sitting in the back of a cafe, waiting. 

Mariah would probably be pissed when she found out, but it wasn't for her, it was for his own conscience. 

He was on edge, praying that the paparazzi hadn't heard that he was there, but twenty minutes had gone by and no one had entered the the restaurant.

He started thinking of Mariah and their impending nuptials. He had talked to Janet and she assured him that everything was going according to plan. Mariah wouldn't tell him if anything was going wrong if he begged her to. He admired her strength, but it irritated him when she shut him out the way she did.

Michael was also thinking about the family they would soon start together. Mariah was receptive to becoming the mother of his children, which made him want to marry her even more. He was eager to become a father and if Mariah hadn't been willing to give it to him, he wasn't entirely sure if they'd be getting married so soon.

He shrugged it off and started writing on a napkin. He had spent a lot of time trying to write his vows, but they weren't coming to him as easily as he thought they would. They either came off as corny or insincere, which he was neither of.

Another ten minutes went by and the door finally swung open and his guest approached. She was overly bundled, though he didn't know if she was trying to hide her face or defend against the heavy wind outside.

She sat down across from him, eyes narrowed. "Michael."

He cleared his throat. "Pat."

There's le dress.

Now I know what you're thinking: Our favorite diva Mimi would never wear a wedding dress that plain

But I looked at both of her wedding dresses (and the ones from her annual vow renewals) and the one she wore when she married Tommy was the gaudiest one and I really think he had something to do with that, especially since Thalia's wedding dress was super similar to the one Mariah wore. Well anyway, see you next chapter.

Shout out to: NicsLilSis, AmethystHazelEyes, ElusiveLambachino327, CoreyMiddlebrookJr, DestiniGravely17, and ilovejanetj for voting/ccommenting last chapter. And thank you to everyone who's reading whoever you are.

Okay, now I'm done. See you next chapter bye!