Chapter 30: Mentors Return

Comenzar desde el principio

“Good evening.” said the familiar looking Assassin

  I let go of father as he stared to walk closer to them. I stopped and followed behind. it would be best if father does all the talking this time.

“Water.” father spoke for the both of us

  The familiar looking Assassin looked over to the Assassin sitting beside him and the other Assassin nodded his head.

“Of course, sit.”

  He got up from sitting down on his box and then walked over to a bench made of two boxes. I walked over to the end of the bench closes to father as the Assassin gave father a bottle full of water. Father made a grunting noise as he sat down, his old age really was getting to him.

“Many thanks.” father said as he took the bottle from the Assassins hands.

  Father nodded his head and then took a sip of the water he was given. One of the Assassins sitting right across from him started to talk.

“What brings you here, old man?”

  I kept my head down low. Something about father being called an old man just did not settle with me. Father passed me the bottle and I took a sip. He was starting to be very cautious of me because I was pregnant again and I would need all the water I could get. I have a feeling that father was not going to leave anytime soon.

“Pity Abbas, do not mock him. He has lived as an orphan for most of his life, shamed by his family’s legacy. He is desperate for power because he is powerless.”

  I rose my head a bit as an Assassin without his hood on stood up. He looked quite angry at fathers comment.

“He is our Mentor! And unlike Al Mualim or Altaïr, he never betrayed us!”

“Hey, Altaïr never planned on leaving this Creed.” I spoke up; I had to defend my father

“Altaïr was no traitor. He was driven out. Unjustly.” the familiar looking Assassin spoke, over on our side

“And how do you know this?” asked the Assassin pointing to me

“I just do.”

“See! Even you cannot give me a good reason Altaïr betrayed us.”

“He never betrayed us. Abbas did.”

“No!”

  I stood up to meet the Assassin and looked him straight in the eyes, “If only you knew what he did to me and my family!”

  The Assassin huffed as he walked away. I looked over to father and the familiar looking Assassin was just looking at him. That is when it hit me. I know the Assassin. I use to train him in my free time in Alamut. I walked over to the box I was sitting on and then set my elbows on my knees and rested my hands in front of me. I looked over to the Assassin.

“Malik’s son.” I whispered to myself but I was loud enough that the Assassin sitting beside me heard and so did father,

  Father turned to the Assassin and then looked down to the ground.

“Is it . . . is it you? I heard rumors, but I did not believe them.”

  Father put a hand on his forehead and then set it down. He looked to the ground and then to me. The Assassin looked at the others for a moment before father spoke up.

“I wonder if I might speak with Abbas myself. It has been a long time.”

“Impossible. Abbas uses rogue Fedayeen to keep us from the castle.” the Assassin sitting beside me spoke