Recital and Meetings

Mariah POV
I was shaking in my heels. I was about go on for my piano recital. I was going to sing and play Stay-Rhianna. I was so nervous all of my friends from the orphanage were watching. I just hoped that someone in that crowd will look up there and say 'I wish I had that kid' and adopt me. I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I. Well I'm 14 and I'm about to graduate middle school. This recital was to celebrate the graduation. We change into our graduation dresses after the recital.

My teacher said a celebrity guest was on the crowd that night and it made me get butterflies. I took 2 deep breaths ax the principal called me out on stage. I smiled as he shook my hand and I walked over to the piano and tool my seat. I rested my hands gently on the Keyes as I let my mind wander into the music. I played the first two versus before I started to sing.

Chris POV
I too my seat in the audience and I greeted everyone with a smile and a wave. I was their celebrity guest tonight. The principal of the school introduced a girl named Mariah. She was 14,graduating with a straight 4.0, and an orphan. I could see how nervous she was ,but it was like when she played and sing nothing else mattered it was her and the piano.

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. Her voice was amazing, and the way she played made your heart sway with the music. It almost had me in a trance. When she finished everyone was silent I was the first to stand up ad clap. She looked my way and she smiled and chuckled and everyone else up roared in applause.

I needed to talk to her. I rushed toward backstage and she was still in her uniform for the recital. We made eye contact and she smiled and waved normally. I liked that she didn't care wether or not I was famous. I walked over to her an smiled down at her. "Woah you are.....tall" she said laughing. I smiled. "Oh really? I hadn't noticed. You did really good out there. Who taught you to play?" Her face lit up when I talked about the piano.

"Well my older brother taught me before he passed. I like the piano it's like my home and thoughts and my mind all put into one. I can't help but to lose myself." I loved he way she talked about music, i think that if put in a better environment she can progress. "Oh and don't even get me started on dancing. I'm already getting excited" she said laughing.

Mariah POV
I loved the way he talked to me like a regular human. Most celebrities are stuck up and can't get over themselves. It seemed like he actually cared about my opinion and my likes. "Oh so you dance?" I nodded my head quickly. "I could dance till time ends."

We continued to talk backstage and then they announced that the graduation dance would start soon. "Oh well that's my cue. It was nice meeting you Mr. Brown." I smiled and then he asked the question that would change my life.

Chris POV
I couldn't help it anymore. I felt for this gurl. She deserved more than she had. She was sweet,kind,respectful, and smart. I decided that I would offer to give her the world. "How would you feel if I adopted you?" Her eyes widened ad she was speechless. "Um....oh...um....wow. I'd be the happiest person in the whole universe." She smiled and she wiped a falling tear. "I'll speak to your adoption agent and get back to you as soon as possible. For the time being can I have your number?" She quickly nodded and typed in her number.

I felt so happy I was about to be a father. It felt like I was being given life. "Save me a dance?" She smiled and nodded laughing. "Sure. Thank you so much. I'll talk you later I have to change." Before I knew it she disappeared in a dressing room.