Fangs Part 2

"LOUVEL!"
SLAP!
A tall man wearing old pair of dirt covered jeans and a sweaty t-shirt looked down at the wild animal before him. Black scraggly hair, tan skin, and unwavering burning eyes, yes, this was the boy who would one day kill every vampire in the world.... but for now...
He had to get paid.
"You were not at roll call today, and your an hour late! Do you want to be fired and become a beggar on the streets?"
"Louvel didn't answer and silently stared at the man. His boss sighed and threw him a plastic bucket.
"Just, get back on the fields, and be careful of thieves. Someone stole garlic from our inventory last night, and some of our stakes are missing." Louvel nodded and carried the giant bucket half his size to the fields.
Thin grape vines crawled up giant wooden stakes tangled with wires. Workers threw them into giant plastic boxes. Then they carried them over to the old trucks to be transported. The weather was hot for Louvel but he didn't care. Right after his shift was done, he was going to march over to that dam vampire's house and-
"Louvel!" Louvel spun his head around and saw Mark. His black curly hair and dark skinned friend. He was wearing dirty jeans and old sneakers while he beamed a giant smile to Louvel. Mark dropped his bucket filled with the purple fruit and dashed over to his fiery eyed friend. "Where were you this morning man! Everyone was worried- ah," He pointed to Louvel's cheek. "Mr. Johnson got you good eh?" Louvel touched his cheek still stinging from the slap. He didn't really care for i much though. He shrugged,
"I'm use to it." He said casually, but Mark's face seemed to show some concern.
"Louvel, where are you living right now?"
"What?" Mark stared at him in the eye shooting rays of concern to his friend. Louvel embarrassed by this looked down at his shoes.
"Umm... Somewhere?" Truthfully, he lived in an old church close by. He couldn't afford living on the farmers quarters. The cathedral itself wasn't so bad. It as quiet, and dry, and he even had some trinkets he proudly displayed on a shelf-
"Why don't you live with us?" Mark exclaimed with a giant grin. Louvel's face tightened as he looked up.
"What?"
"Come on! It'll be fine! Most of my siblings already found their own place, so we have lots of room! We could play Scrabble, try to get one of those things... What are they called? Flat screens working? My dad got some tools-"
"I'm sorry, I can't!" Louvel cried out. Mark was shocked by his reaction. It is true that if Louvel joined Mark, he could live a normal life. He could get enough money to go to a school, get kids and-
No,
"I'm sorry Mark," he remembered that night, years ago.
A strong stench of blood filled the air, his aunt's, mother and father's organs were spread on the tile floor as he peeked through the cupboard and saw those two crimson eyes, licking them as if they were caramel apples. Mark sat there in the cupboard staring at the eqsicit creature. It's body glowed in the candle light as if it was a ghost. Stained on its white sin was scarlet red, enhancing its powerful demon like presence.
Suddenly it lifted up its head from the crimson pool and took a strong whiff in the air.
"Ah," It's voice whispered like an old pipe. It slowly staggered onto its feet and walked over to the cupboard. Mr covered his mouth hoping to God that it wouldn't see him, that somehow he could magically disappear and-
"Louvel?" Mark asked lightly tapping Louvel. Louvel's mind snapped back to the presence.
He knew that after that night, he could never live a normal life. He could never settle down and have a family, go to school, or get a job in the government, because...
"I'm sorry Mark, a life like that though, it's too good for me,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was now dusk, and Louvel slowly crept through the grass field. In his hand was a giant stake he stole from the field, covered in garlic juice he made himself. He knew he didn't have much time before the sunsetted, but he couldn't leave the way things were-
Not until he killed them.
The old country inn basked in the sun's light before it dipped in the horizon. It's shingles were out of place, and there were some spots on the roof that made it look like i was about to collapse. It was miles from the town, outside of its safe walls, but Louvel didn't care. He remembered how he first discovered this place.
It was a few weeks ago, and he was out beyond the walls training his endurance. He jogged away from the border, slipping behind security through a secret hole in the wall close to his church. He kept jogging on the path. It was rarely used by and carriages or old car still able to work. That's when, he smelled something in the air.
A smell he knew too well. He followed the scent like a wolf, until he reached the small inn. It's windows were boarded up so tightly that no sun could crack through its shields, its door was closed tight, giving a warning to all not to enter. That's when he knew, that something inside him screamed, vampires were there!
After his days of preparation, it was all for this moment. This moment to prove to himself that there was a reason that he survived that night, that his existence could be significant in the world.
That he could slay vampires.
"Hey!" A familiar voice echoed throughout the field.
Louvel poked his head up from the grass, as to his amazement-
The front door opened on its own.
"Come on in!" The voice yelled again, and this time Louvel knew who it was. It was Ivory's, the vampire who killed his family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Louvel stepped into the old house, bare foot, comfortably hugging the floor. He never liked shoes that much, but he knew he needed to wear them sometimes. It looked like this room was an old lobby. A giant wooden table was moved in front of the check in desk that he saw a few days earlier. A diamond lamp lit by a few flames supplied him with the last light he will ever see before the darkness closed around him.
SLAM!
He gripped his spear tighter as he slowly turned to the door. Behind it was a familiar vampire, with the most devilish grin on his face that made him furious. She was wearing a spotless white gown that trailed behind her as if she was a goddess, no as if she was the devil. In her hand was a red wine glass completing her dominance.
She took a sip.
"Yo," The boy stared at her for a moment, no longer moving, but instead watching her every movement. "Your not gonna scream, 'I will kill you vampire!'" Ivory imitated him with his pouting face.
He remained silent.
"Alrighty then, have a seat." She walked over to the side of a room and pulled two chairs over to the giant wooden table on opposite ends. She sat in one while the boy just quietly watched her.
"Aren't you going to sit?"
STARE...
"Ok..." There was a silence for a moment. Ivory took another sip out of her wine glass as she watched the boy give her a death glare
"Is tHat blood?" He whispered quietly. Ivory gulped.
"Yup," she held the glass up to him. "Want some?" Louvel gave an angry roar, and banged his spear on the glass cup like a baseball bat, shattering it to pieces. Ivory stayed at the beads of blood dripping on the floor for a moment, then placed the bottom of the glass on the table.
"Tell me, do you know why vampires drink blood?" Louvel flaming eyes wavered for a moment. "When a person becomes bit by a vampire, the first thing that happens to them is an alteration in their DNA-"
"What's DNA?" Louvel asked. Ivory stared at him for a moment and sighed.
"Oh, how humanity has fallen in its academic achievements..."
"Shut up! I never had enough money for school!"
"DNA, is what makes you, you. Your black hair, body structure, being human,DNA programmed you to be like that." Ivory continued, "When someone is bit by a vampire, something strange happens, their DNA switches from human to vampire, the process itself is extremely painful, it takes about a week to complete, but even then you haven't completed all the stages."
"Stages?"
"Yes the first stage when you are bit, is having a drastic change in your anatomy. First, your body changes so it can process blood instead of human food, for your muscles. This is because vampire muscles are much stronger than humans, and because of this it needs more oxygen than the average person can breathe in. And blood does exactly that,"
Ivory gave a proud smile and satisfied grin, as Louvel stared at her in amazement, learning all new sciences he had never heard about in his life, but that did not swayed him yet.
"What about the other stages?" He asked carefully, Ivory smiled.
"They last more over a longer period of time. You know why vampires are albino? White hair and red eyes? That's because we no longer need the pigment, or color in our skin to protect us from the sun, but our eyes suffer too see. It's because our eyes become really sensitive to light from the lack of pigment. Its also why we sunburn so easily,"
Ivory got up and twirled around the room, her voice suddenly became hauntingly beautiful as her hands twirled around her, "It's as if we made a deal with the devil, in return for your new power and immortality, you must become creatures of the night, enslaved to a future where you will never see as daybreak again."
"Immortality? How old are you exactly?" Louvel asked. Ivory smile became so wide her fangs glistened in the dark.
"I lost count a century ago,"
Louvel kept staring at this woman in amazement not sure as to how to react, but then, he remembered the woman he saw years ago, who red eyes struck him with far and realized how weak he was in the world,
"If that is true, then how come I'm not a vampire?"
Ivory spun around on her heel and stared at the boy.
"Pardon?"
"You bit me that day, so how come-" He pulled at the neck themes of his shirt showing a faded scar of bite marks, "So how come I survived that night? Does this make me a vampire too!" He shouted demanding an answer."
Ivory looked at him astounded then tip toed over to the boy flinching back.
"Let me take a look stubborn mule," She grabbed the boy's shoulder and stared at the mark. It seemed like a normal bite wound- then how come-
"I don't know, when a vampire bites someone they usually end up dead or becoming a vampire. You smell human though,"
"Yeah, well vampires don't smell all that good either."
"Excuse me?" Ivory's eyes narrowed in on the boy insulted on what he had just told her.
"Please, any one close by can smell you a mile away, that's how bad you all stink," Ivory stared at him banly not sure of she should be impressed or punch him in the face.
"You found this base, by smelling us?"
"Yeah... Is that normal?"
"Uh, no it's not!"
"Really?" Ivory could not believe this, what did this boy have? Wolf powers of smelling? "I'll need to talk about this with everyone else... God why do they sleep in so much?" Louvel meanwhile, noticed some papers stacked on the table. He remembered how when he first broke in they all seemed to be discussing about them. now that he thought about it, why were the vampires here?
"What are these?" He asked lifting them up with his free hand. Ivory looked up watching the boy's curiosity.
"Their blueprints to the town you're staying at,"
Louvel whipped his head around,
"Listen to me Louvel, tomorrow-"
"No, I won't let you!" Louvel jumped back from the table as Ivory just rolled her eyes.
"Hey, before you start freaking out-
"No, you're going to raid it aren't you!" Louvel breathed in and out heavily clutching his spear as he slowly made his way to the door.
"Hold on a sec tomorrow-"
"Shut up! Just Shut up! I'm not going to let anyone else die!"Louvel bolted out the door into the night air slamming it behind him. Ivory sighed, it was really useless for adults to argue with a ten year old.
"Was that him?" James asked sleepily trudging down the staircase in the other room. Ivory sighed. "WHat if he tips them off?" Ivory shrugged.
"If he does, then the town will be better prepared for a vampire raid, but I don't think they're going to believe a ten year old boy..." Ivory went up to the door still happened and looked at the field. Maybe she should have gone after him.