DATE

"Go out in a date with me," Don Valentina said with an expressionless face and dead eyes like a fish. I stared up at her while I sat next to Josh and Sam, not being able to comprehend what just happened.

We were in the cafeteria at school eating a pleasant meal of microwaved pizza talking about Game of Thrones when this random girl from my English class blurred out of the crowd and asked me out on a date.

Now I don't mean to brag, I am sorta popular with the ladies. I had a lot of confessions come up, in person, over text, through the grape line, but... I squinted my eyes to have a better look at the girl. She wasn't the most hottest thing out there, but she wasn't ugly either. Her skin was tan and matched her wavy black hair pinned against her head with a bun. Her clothing was pretty plain as well. She wore a T shirt with a lobster restaurant logo on the front. To compmate the design even more she wore faded jeans and white sneakers.

She seemed to blend in as a normal person though, yet her personality stood out like a sore thumb.

"What?" I responded, which came out slightly more rude than I expected, but Don didn't care.

"Your name is Steven Marco. You are a Caucasian male and are single. Tv shows you like are Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Psych. Your personality is famous as a womanizer. Your status though is currently single because of your recent break up with Mackenzie Jackson over-"

"Ok, that's enough." I look over and watched Sam an Josh quietly giggling in the corner like the idiots they are. Don though did not seemed bother at all by any of this. She kept talking as if was as if she was Siri.

"The meeting spot will be in the shopping in the town square. I will be waiting for you at Sam's Pizza Parlor at 12:00 this Saturday."

"Wait a sec, don't I get a say in any of this?" I asked confused and baffled at what just happened. Don stared at me for a moment, as if it actually took her time to think about what I just said.

"No," then she walked away. Josh and Sam were hiding their snickers across from me as I just gave them the death stare.

"Wow Steven, I knew you were poplar, but man," Josh laughed throwing his black bangs in his face.

"So you going out with her?" Sam asked still giggling. He tried to cover his freckled face but he couldn't hide how hilarious he thought it was.

"I guess..." I twirled my carton of chocolate milk. "I don't have anything else to do any ways."

"I thought you had a job?" Josh asked taking a bite out of his cheap pizza. I shrugged.

"I quit, got bored of it."

"Does food running really suck that badly?"

"Yeah, pretty much." I actually got a lot of average highschool jobs. Gardening, babysitting, food running, even tried dog walking once, all of them were boring to me though. And it's not like I need the money, I can just ask my parents if I ever wanted something.

"Maybe... She has something..." Sam blurted out loud. We all looked up at him. " I don't mean it in a bad way or anything, don't get me wrong! I'm just saying... It would explain her behavior."

"Maybe, but it doesn't really matter." I grinned at them. "As long as she's entertaining to me."

--------------------------------

I stood in front of Sam's Pizza Parlor at 12:00 on Saturday waiting for Don to show up. I tried not to overdress to much, but did my best to look nice. I wore a plaid shirt with tan pants and brown shoes. I looked around for a minute wondering where she could be.