How to become the #1 Zombie Slayer in the World!

Kevin covered his ears as the sound of scratching hands and moans continued to thump against his window.
    "Just shut up already!" He yelled but they kept knocking away as if they couldn't understand a word he was saying. Maybe it was because they were dead. It's been a year since it all started. First there were just rumors from the net, but then slowly, those rumors were on tabloids. Before anyone knew the world and all of human civilization was destroyed by one creature they dreamt about on TV.
Zombies. And those very zombie was why Kevin locked himself in his house, and covered all the doors and windows without letting a crack of light in. The 26 year old's room looked like that of a teenagers. Paper littered the floor accompanied by bottles of water, old Tostito bags, and granola bar wrappers.
In the corner of the room was a closet, and in that closet, were things that Kevin wanted to forget about, things that he wanted to bury deep inside of himself and erase this agonizing guilt swelling inside of him.

That all of this was his fault.
"Hello?!" Kevin peeked his head out of the covers unsure of what he had just heard. "Anyone here?" The feminine child like voice asked again. Kevin's mouth fell. There's another person here, he looked next to him to where the sound of zombies were coming from outside. Is that why they are so agitated today, because of this person- shit! Kevin rushed over and locked his bedroom door leading into the hallway. The house itself was pretty small. It only had 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a kitchen. The electricity wasn't working from who knows what, but he was able to keep his food cold by using a zeer pot on his window in his attic.. Instead he stocked up on supplies at the supermarket before they shut down. And as the narrator, I don't even want to mention how he goes to the bathroom (kids could be reading this!)

He was fully prepared for anything. Food, water weapons, he practically made his own bomb shelter, but... How the hell did this person get in!?
"Is someone in their?" The voice asked. As it got closer to his room he could tell it was a female voice. Slowly he started to hear the footsteps above the banging fists against the walls, as if he was in a haunted mansion.
What do I do! He thought to himself, and instinctively grabbed the closest thing next to him as his weapon of survival. A Disney World Canteen bottle he got on his middle school field trip.
The footsteps halted in front of the door. Kevin froze holding the metal cylinder in front  of him not knowing what to do. Go away, please! Kevin begged inside as his knees began to shake.

"Hello?" The voice asked again confused what was going on behind the locked door.
"Go away!! I have a weapon!" He shivered through his teeth.
"Ah! So you are alive! No wonder your house is this messy! If it was abandoned then there would be a lot less food wrappers on the floor!" Kevin froze at the girl's comment. Usually in situations like this aren't people more tense and untrustworthy? Aren't they worried that the person on the other side of the door could kill them any moment and leave them for dead? How come then, his girl, could be so calm...

"Do you want to come out or are you just going to let me in?" The girly voice asked playfully, but Kevin's head began to scream danger.
"No! Stay where you are!"
"Excuse me!" Kevin gulped not knowing how to reply. It's been ages since he had talked  to another human being, that was alive.
"Well- you sorta barged in- and you're a stranger!"
"So?" Kevin felt like he was going to face palm himself when he remembered that he was holding a metal bottle. Does this girl really not realize the situation she's in?
"Well- you might kill me!"
"Why would I kill you?"
"Because-" No, just go away, please leave me alone, "Because I might kill you to!" For a moment there was no sound except the moans of the dead outside. Then something hit his ears, something Kevin hadn't heard in what felt like centuries.
Laughter.

This girl right now, who's face he had never seen, was bursting in fits of giggles at his empty threat.
"Ha! That's funny! Like you can kill me!"
"I'm- serious! If I open this door right now I'll kill you!"
"No you won't!"
"How do you know that?" The girl stopped giggling that moment, but for some reason, Kevin could feel that she was smiling through the other side of his bedroom door.
"I just do." Kevin then collapsed on his bed and felt as if he was going to cry. In a long, long time, he was afraid of everything around him trying to kill him, in this world were he knew survival was everything, he began to fear everything else around him, especially humans. He feared day and night that someone would loot his house and kill him along with the dead outside his window... Yet he was so grateful to God, that the first huan he could ever meet was her.
"Hey, does your shower work? I hate smelling stinky!" Kevin snapped out of his tears and stared back to the door.
"Uh- yeah...No...But you can clean yourself off with some water bottles in the closet..."
"That's fine, I'll just clean myself with a towel in the bathroom, and no peeking! Do and you're dead!" Kevin gulped as he heard the bathroom's door become shut.