Chapter 19

"Have you heard anything about Naruto yet, Sasuke-Kun?" Sakura asked, frowning in worry. The group gathered in the cafeteria after school to discuss where Naruto could possibly be. It has already been almost a week and even Naruto's guardians claim that they don't know where he could be. Sasuke shook his head dejectedly and stared at his phone hoping Naruto would call or text or post something on social media to show some sort of sign that he was alive and well.
"I'm going to visit my cousin at the hospital." Sasuke muttered his excuse before leaving the table. Sasuke met up with Itachi at the hospital and both headed towards their cousin's room. They arrived, greeted by their relatives. Polite conversation was exchanged between them and the adults in the room before a playful and childish banter broke out between Sasuke and Obito. Shisui stood beside Itachi, talking to the man quietly whilst the adults resumed their conversations.
Two nurses entered the room to check on Obito. "Has anything changed?" One of the them asked the other quietly as they moved around checking the drips and the clipboard and whatever they were actually doing. "No... He cried himself to sleep."
"That's so bad for his health, I fear for the boy. His heart isn't going to take anymore much longer."
"I'm surprise he hasn't committed suicide." One muttered, scribbling on the clipboard. The Uchiha pretended they weren't listening to the conversation but they really wanted to know who the two were talking about. "It is the little angel we are talking about. He is always so strong, he wouldn't commit suicide like that."
"It's really sad though. One of the male nurse had said he apparently broke up with his boyfriend over a letter because he was too scared to face his boyfriend. He said he might accidentally mess it up and make things worse if he didn't break it off that way." The uchihas looked at each other, they all know that Itachi's boyfriend broke up with him over a letter... Are they talking about the same person the uchihas think they are talking about?
"Jesus... I pray to the Lord for his health and wellbeing. I doubt Jesus will be much help... He didn't help when I prayed that boy gets better..."
"You can't blame everything on Jesus and stop preaching about your religion."
"Hey! At least he listens when I preach about it and he isn't even Christian! And I so was not preaching about my religion!" A loud beep came from one of the nurse's pager.
"F*!" She cursed, almost throwing the clipboard back too harshly not caring what the patients and their family thought of her actions.
"What?!"
"He's gone into cardiac arrest!"
"Who?!" The nurse asked as they sped out of the room.
"Naruto, you dumbass!" Was heard from a distance as the nurses ran towards where they assume is Naruto's room. The uchihas froze. Could it be the same Naruto? No. No it can't be. Naruto has like the luck of a devil, he wouldn't... He doesn't get sick! Itachi was already out the door before any of them could continue mentally debating about whether it could be Naruto or not. "Itachi!" Sasuke called out even though it was futile. Mikoto pushed Sasuke out to go after Itachi together. Mikoto seem to suddenly have a drive that caused her to run faster than Sasuke did, she returned to pull Sasuke along to pick up the pace. "Why does that kid have to have such bloody long legs?" Mikoto muttered as they barely caught up to Itachi, seeing him being stopped at the operating room. Mikoto was panting when they reached Itachi. "How dare you make an old lady run." Mikoto joked, both hands on her back, bending over slightly.
"I'm sorry mother." Itachi apologised distractedly. Mikoto looked up frowning just as Fugaku spotted them and made a detour back towards them. "What are you three doing here?"
"I was only kidding Itachi, don't worry he will be fine." Mikoto said, rubbing his arm comfortingly. Fugaku frowned, looking at Mikoto and Itachi before turning to Sasuke for explanation. "Apparently Naruto is here and he just suffered cardiac arrest, Itachi heard so he ran out from obito's room after the nurses."
"Naruto suffering cardiac arrest? But he, he's so healthy." Fugaku murmured, looking down at the ground frowning.
"You don't believe it either right?" A voice from behind them asked.