Chapter 5

Kami help him. Naruto was sent into another coughing fit yet again, he wheezed as he tried to replenish the air that was forcefully taken from his lungs. "Let's go to the hospital Naruto, ne?" Tsunade coaxed, getting worried for her charge. Naruto shook his head weakly, as he covered his mouth with his hand still coughing harshly. Tsunade really wanted to just pick him up and bring him to the hospital. But the thing was... Whatever his illness was, no one knew and they were all trying to find a cure - working with the other finest doctors in the world. But his time was getting shorter and shorter, Tsunade could tell, Naruto definitely knows it too. He has been thinking about his relationship with Itachi. He doesn't feel like he has any friends anymore so they wouldn't hurt if he was gone. But, there was Itachi now. Itachi's gonna hurt if he was gone and Naruto doesn't want Itachi to hurt. It would be better to hurt him now by breaking it with him so he severed all ties than when he died which would cause Itachi to still hold on and not move on. They only dated for less than two weeks, Itachi wouldn't have gotten to deeply attach would he?

Naruto's face was set into a smile as he forced himself to keep walking and not falter in his footing despite all the jeers and insults thrown at him. It was like everyone was against him. Most probably wouldn't be too affected by his passing right? Naruto breathed out when he finally reached the park where there was no one around. Today had been so stressful, the new teacher kept picking on him. The teacher pointed out every single one of his flaws and screamed it out for the whole world to know. Naruto closed his eyes as a wave of pain hit him, followed closely by another. He leaned against the tree just so he didn't fall flat on his face if his legs ever decided that they were tired and just gave up on him. He continued his musing on the topic that kept nagging him.
How was he gonna face Itachi? How was he gonna break off the relationship? Will Itachi keep pestering him if he breaks it off? Will Itachi buy it if he suddenly wanted a break from this relationship thing? Should he break it off? So many questions all swimming through his head, making him even more dizzy. He watched couples walked pass him, smiles on their faces as they chatted with each other. This could be him and Itachi too but Kami forbid it. This is fate, he wasn't meant to be in this world. He should have died that day with his parents. This was kami's way of telling him that. It was because of some miraculous thing happening that he had somehow managed to barely survive. His baby seat had actually saved him. It was strong and study with extra cushioning plus the airbags which had inevitably played a role in his survival. He had, according to Tsunade, slipped into coma with a 20% chance of survival but he managed to beat it and woke up from the coma. I shouldn't be alive.

Naruto sighed as he gathered up some courage to face his friends. Each day it was getting harder and harder to get through. Everything was so tiring and he just wanted to sleep for an eternity. It was so difficult to smile and he doesn't even feel like living. Smile for them. They don't need your stupid problems in their lives. They already have enough problems to deal with you selfish child. Don't be foolish, they wouldn't even notice if you're gone. Don't waste some much time chasing after them. All you have to do is keep them happy and voila! Everything will be just fine. All that wouldn't be fine is soon you'll no longer be around. Laugh for them. They need a little laughter in their lives. You're perfect. The silly little clown that everyone will be laughing at, not laughing with. Act for them. They will start questioning if you suddenly behaved differently. They will find out and you do not want that do you? You don't have to burden them with your stupid problems. Its just dying... Right?