Chapter 6

Annie's POV-

I just sit there stunned, not saying a word. My heart starts racing thinking of all the possible reasons why he could be in hospital.

"Annie, are you ok?" asks Katie

"I...I don't know." are the only words that come out of my mouth. 

Katie begins talking to me but I just ignore it all, I turn to my side and look out the window. My eyes begin to water and tears start to drop down my face, Katie must have seen me starting to cry because she stops talking and embraces me in her arms.

"He will be ok, we all will." Says Katie.

I nod my head and agree but really I am doubting anyone will be ok.

We arrive at the hospital and the minute the car is parked I run to the waiting room, I see my family sitting there dad with Hayley on her lap and mum crying. Mum looks up and sees me standing at the entrance to the waiting room, I see her eyes and they are full of sadness and worry. At that moment I can't hold back the tears any longer, they come streaming down my face as I run over to my family and give them the biggest hug.

We have been at the hospital for hours and the whole time Katie's family has stayed with us. I realised how great of a friend she really is and I am thankful for that but I still can't get my mind off Caleb.

//30 Minutes Later//

A nurse starts walking towards us and we all immediatley sit up and look at her. We haven't heard from the doctors about what is happening or how Caleb is feeling, this will be the first thing we will have been told.

"Hi there," Says the lady, mum and dad reply with an obviously forced smile. She begins speaking and the moment I hear the first 4 words I know it is bad. "I am deeply sorry to inform you but sadly your son has passed away." 

I can't believe it, Caleb. A brother, a friend, a son, someone I trust the most and most importantly my role model. 

Gone.

I walked in as a family of 5 and will leave as a family of 4.

For what feels like hours but what was only seconds no one talks.

We just sit there.

Hayley ends up being the first to talk.

"He's gone?" She questions

------------------------------

A/N

I know there isn't much brannie going on but don't worry I am almost there.