Redwoods - World AU

Inspired by the photo above :)

I had to! Once I saw it on Pinterest, I got the spark to write it out!

Honestly it was good to write a small short story again ^^

Alright let's get this show on the road!

-DawnADHH

Enjoy~

Word Count: 1986

~~~~~

There are beings in this world, that are as old as their people. They live as long as those people live. Once they're gone, they cease to exist, but some live on however.

These beings help their people find love.

Even if it takes over many life times.

It could be spectacular, unexpected, a chance encounter, or something horrifying.

But who really knows

That moment is something to live for. . .

~~~~~

*~ Max's P.O.V ~*

August 16, 2016. . .

I was quietly patrolling throughout the abandon streets of Chernobyl. My unit was set out to see if anyone who was illegally going into the city. Some Americans or other foreigners would do so, since we've caught people in the past that would do that. I came to a stop and asked,

"Ivan. . . has the general called-?" I tuned around and saw that he had disappeared. Letting out a sighed in frustration I went to search for him, "Damn that brat." I went off the small path and shouted his name, "Ivan!"

I was met with utter silence and my tall smiling friend missing. Letting a sigh slip though my lips, I began to walk toward the buildings. Some days during patrol he would disappeared and appeared in the same building. In the one with room painted with golden sunflowers. Quietly I went though the city, my foot steps echoing as I advanced toward the building. Though as I came to a clearing, I saw a piano right in the center. It looked like it was in good condition from far away. Gazing around, I made my way toward it. The piano was of polished oak looking and was in fairly good shape. A little weather worn, but none the less in good working condition. None of the keys were missing, I even peered inside, and saw that the strings were still tuned.

"I like your smile." A voice whispered

Quickly I looked up and saw boy standing there with his head and arms on the piano. Unaware of the fact that I was smiling, I snarled at him in defense, and wanting to scare him off. I clutched my gun, but let go of the trigger.

"Who are you?" I asked in a thick accent, "You are not supposed to be here."

"My name is Ross Watson, and yes I am." He smiled sweetly

"No you are not. This is a restricted area."

He giggled, "I like your accent. It's Russian, yes?"

I felt my cheeks heat up but I just tugged on my scarf, nodding slightly. He giggled some more and skipped around to my side of the piano, just to stand beside me. Ross looked like he was a year or 2 younger than me. He has the brightest sea green eyes, they looked like they contained the worlds oceans, behind his simple black framed glasses. He has curly wavy hair, enough to make an satyr jealous. But strangely he wore white clothes and shoes. As in a pure white sweater, pants, and converse.