Book 6⌇8. Undying

Start from the beginning

Pushing back and covers and sheets, I swung my legs, my bare feet touching the ground. Much to my surprise, it wasn't a cold marble floor that met with my skin. No, it was just a gentle warmth that came from the very different flooring in this room that instantly relaxed the sore muscles in my feet, calves and trailing up to my thighs.

Standing, I could just see the hint of light coming from the sides of the dark curtain that had been drawn to shield away from the sun. Turning away from the deathly light, I wandered around the side of the bed, taking a good look at it and raising my eyebrows.

Okay...

Near the elegantly crafted headboard, the filigree impeccable, I caught sight of what appeared to be cuffed. Not sure what type of metal it was made from, I glanced away, wondering exactly who brought me here. Taking another step, I tripped over something on the floor flinging my hands out to catch myself as my knees hit the warm ground.

Scowling, my eyes lingered on straps that were locked around the bedpost. My heart skipping a beat, I shot another glance at the opposite post and saw the same strap, the ends embedded with cuffs like the ones at the headboard.

The fuck...

What kind of kinky shit is...just...wow...?

I thought sex was supposed to be tame, waiting to give myself to Landon had frustrated me many times, but I never strayed away from him. Whoever had brought me here, had some sick mind. I wasn't sure if I should be more afraid of this new place, or if I Landon should have just killed me.

I'm not staying here...

Getting to my feet, I watched where I was stepping this time, afraid of what else I might stumble upon. Slinking to the door, I took the handle into my hand, jiggling it a few times and determining it was locked. My eyes shifted for a moment, my strength showing as I pulled hard on the handle and the lock broke free, the handle falling to the floor and rolling away.

Grimacing in pain, I let go of my vampiric strength, the silver just barely holding onto me and making each step painful when unleashed. Breathing in calmly, I slipped my fingers into the hole where the door handle used to be, pulling in back into the room. Poking my head out the door, I looked to my left and then my right, a bitter silence returning to my ears.

Shrugging, I stepped out fully into the hallway, battling with myself as to which way I should go. Considering I didn't have the ability to cloak myself or dissolve away, this would be a bit of a challenge if I picked the wrong path. Finally concluding, I started walking down the right hallway.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

The high ceilings and walls that supported the structure were intimidating, a building much larger than any vampire mansion I had seen.

Nearing an intersection, I decided to continue with going right, because in a labyrinth at least if you always choose one direction, you knew where to backtrack your steps.

"Stop," a cold voice brought the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end. Turning my head ever so slowly, my eyes landed on two tall well-built men, their clothes like what the male vampires wore, only their color choices were a mixture of dark and light grays. The blood ran away from my face when I saw the weapons they had at their belts, both outfitted with two swords each.

My eyes looked sideways and the second voice growled, "Don't even think about it."

I thought about it.

Taking off quickly at a breakneck pace, I flew down the hallway, my feet pounding against the floor as I heard footsteps closing in behind me. My panting increased, hearing them edging closer and closer kick-started the renewed fear in my heart and I let myself clutch my inhuman speed for just a moment.