Chapter 47

Percy's Point of view

For whatever reason after the celebrations died down a council meeting was called, and when I got there, Zeus didn't look to be in a good mood. In fact he looked pissed. I couldn't help but wonder what had gotten his toga in a knot, but then again it doesn't take much. When everyone was there, he sent angry glares at me, my dad, and Hermes, at first I wondered what we had done to piss him off, but the guess that came to my mind made my blood, or more accurately, ichor boil. Then Zeus spoke.

He said, once again giving my dad and Hermes angry looks "I have heard rumors recently that you both blessed Perseus's son Luke."

"We did" they agreed not bothering to deny it.

Zeus's next statement completely pushed me to my limit and I shot to my feet glaring at him.

Zeus had said "The boy is too powerful, he could be a threat."

I said "Zeus He is no threat, he would never turn against us, and if you dare harm him, you will live to regret it, I swear it on the river Styx." Thunder rumbled as I finished that oath, an oath I would not hesitate to follow through on. In fact I had already decided what I would do if Zeus tries to hurt Luke. I should have known that Zeus would do something like this once he learned of my father and Hermes blessing him.

Zeus said "You dare Threaten the king of the gods!"

I replied "Yes I do, and if you even touch a hair on my son's head I won't hesitate to follow through on that oath."

Soon after this several other gods and goddesses backed me up. These included: My father, no surprise there, Hermes, and Apollo, not entirely surprising, Hades, not entirely surprising considering what I know about what happened to Nico's mother. Hestia and Athena also rose, and tried to get Zeus to use what brain cells he has to figure out that whatever he plans on doing is a bad idea.

By the time everyone who was on my side had spoken up against Zeus's paranoid schemes, I had most of the council on my side. The only two that hadn't spoken up against it were Dionysus, and Ares. I hadn't really expected them to speak up against it, Ares is my rival, and Dionysus and I have never gotten along, besides the point that he seems to hate all demigods except for his own.

I noticed when Athena asked Zeus "Father May I speak to you in Private?" Zeus agreed and they teleported away, Hopefully Athena would be able to talk some sense into him. We all sat back down, when they returned I guessed from their expressions that Athena hadn't been able to get through to him. He said "Meeting dismissed." And then left as dramatically as always.

I left moments afterward, I knew that I would have to keep a close eye on Luke for the next while in case Zeus tries anything. Whether Zeus Likes it or not, If he tries anything I will interfere, and I already know what I'm going to do if he does, by the time I'm finished he will probably be enjoying the hospitality of our recently defeated enemy.

Luke's Point of view

My mom and I were in my mom's Honda Civic, she was driving me back to camp. The uneasy feeling still hadn't left me. We sat in silence as she drove, not long after we left it began raining, and I don't mean just a light shower I mean a downpour. I guessed that Zeus wasn't in a very good mood for some reason. I started to wonder if that had something to do with my bad feeling.

Once when we were stopped at a red light my mom glanced at me, and my unease must have shown on my face because she asked me "What's wrong?"

I answered "I have this feeling, like something bad is going to happen. That's why I didn't want you to drive me."

Instead of letting up the rain only got worse, thunder boomed and lightning flashed, Zeus must seriously be annoyed. We continued until we weren't far from camp, I was beginning to wonder if my feelings had been wrong, and maybe nothing was going to happen, but of course my luck isn't that good.

I noticed something not far ahead of us and once I realized what it was I told my mom to drive faster. She stepped on the gas and we passed the monster, I hoped that maybe it wasn't after us, or would leave us alone. I realized that was highly unlikely though, because I'm never that lucky. When my mom had seen the monster she had paled. I honestly didn't blame her I was freaked out too. I was freaked out because if I was right I knew that I didn't have everything I needed to kill it. Just as it seemed like we were going to get away from the Hydra, the hair on the back of my neck stood up, and then there was a bright flash of light along with a loud boom. Next thing I knew we were in the ditch, the seatbelts had tightened around us, and the air bags had deployed.

I said "What just..." I trailed off as I realized what had happened. The car had been struck by lightning.

I said "Mom come on camp's not far from here." I didn't need to tell her twice. We both managed to push our car doors open enough to get out. I glanced back to where I had last seen the hydra, and it was quickly heading toward us. Just as we were jogging away from the car the hydra spit acid at where we had been only moments before.

Let's just say that either mom would have to either get the car fixed, which wouldn't be cheap, or buy a new car. We started running in order to keep pace with my mother I didn't run as fast as I could have. The monster continued to gain on us. Every so often I would glance behind us, once I pushed my mom to the ground as the monster spit acid over our heads. Once we were back on our feet and moving again I thought for a moment, and then concentrated.

I slowed time and the monster couldn't move as fast as it was before. The next time the monster tried to spit acid, it didn't go far enough to hit us. When we were at the base of half-blood hill, I said "Mom come on!" She started to say that she couldn't but then she obviously remembered that the barriers had fallen.

The border guard didn't hesitate to let me through, but they weren't so sure about my mom until they saw what was chasing us. They let us through and remained on high alert preparing to face the hydra. Ignoring my mother's protests I went back to help them. With the help of Leo Valdez, a son of Hephaestus who has power over fire, we managed to defeat it. Just after the fight ended Chiron trotted up with medical supplies and healed anyone who had been injured during the fight. After he finished with them he noticed my mom. She explained what had happened and that she wasn't planning on staying, and then Chiron walked away.

Moments later my dad showed up. When he first appeared his face showed obvious anger, but as soon as he looked at us his expression changed to concern. He asked us both "Are you alright?" We nodded, I had been through crazier things, and I knew that my mom was strong, after all she raised me on her own ever since I was born.

I asked my dad "What exactly just happened? Why is Zeus mad?"

A frown crossed my father's features and he said "Zeus caused everything that just happened to you, once he learned that your grandfather and Hermes had blessed you he was being stupid and paranoid." Thunder rumbled after he said that.

He continued "Zeus got it into his head that you are too powerful, that you might turn against us. Practically the entire council disagreed with him, but he obviously still tried to..." "Kill me." I finished for him kind of surprised. My dad nodded and then said with a scowl on his face. "Now I'm going to show Zeus that I don't make empty threats." Once he finished that statement he left leaving me wondering what would happen next.

 A/N I bet you're really angry at drama queen now, hopefully you will agree with what Percy does next chapter. Also I'm thinking of making a third book in this series once this one is finished. No promises yet,  I still have to think about it and decide if It'll work.