Chapter 17

Percy's point of view

After I finished talking to Chiron I didn't do too much I had a feeling that it wouldn't be too long before someone calls a meeting, whether it's Dad to inform the council of the battle that we just finished, or someone else for some other reason. Before too long as I suspected a meeting was called.

I teleported to my throne, I figured this must be an emergency meeting considering who had called the meeting. Demeter had called the meeting; I wondered what could have happened to make her decide to call the meeting. Either something big had happened or she wanted to try and convince us to eat cereal, I'd rather it be the first option.

After almost everyone had arrived I noticed that one throne was empty, that throne belonged to Piper. It was odd for her to be late for a meeting she was usually one of the first ones to arrive to a meeting, so I knew something was up. Just as Zeus was about to speak not noticing Piper's absence, Jason burst into the throne room. He was breathing hard like he had run here. I think if it had been anyone else interrupting the meeting Zeus would have blown a gasket, but since it was Jason Zeus wasn't as angry. Jason quickly bowed and said "My lords and Ladies I apologize for interrupting a meeting, but Piper has gone missing." Now after his words anyone who hadn't noticed Piper's absence noticed it.

Aphrodite asked "Do you know what happened to her?" Jason shook his head he said "I was going to see her earlier and when I got there she wasn't where she said she would be. She's not at her palace or either of the camps I've contacted them both." We exchanged looks. Zeus said "We will attempt to locate her; we cannot have a member of our council missing.

Jason took that as his cue to leave, he bowed muttered a thank you and left. After he was gone Zeus spoke again he said "Now back to the matter at hand, Demeter why did you call this meeting?" She said "Persephone has gone missing." Zeus did look concerned, Hades Piped up he said "Don't look at me this is the time of year that she spends with you, I haven't seen her since the end of winter."

Before an argument could break out between Demeter and Hades Athena Spoke she said "I believe that it was most likely Tartarus or his minions who have taken both Persephone and Piper." We all nodded in agreement that is the most likely explanation for the sudden disappearance of two goddesses. I don't know if Athena had any ideas but I had no clue what they would need them for.

I mentally contacted my Dad and said "You should probably mention that we just finished a battle" I knew he felt bad and didn't really want to mention Triton turning on us but if they didn't find out from him they would probably find out some other way. In the end he agreed. In the silence that followed Athena's Statement Dad spoke up he said "less than an hour ago we won a battle against Oceanus, my son Triton, and numerous sea monsters" but he said part about Triton so quietly that I don't think anyone could tell what he said. Hades said "What was that Brother we couldn't hear you" Dad repeated his statement but louder this time. I don't know if anyone besides me and dad noticed but Hermes shot Dad a sympathetic look.

Zeus asked "What are you going to do about him Brother?" Dad looked uncomfortable but he said "Well right now he is unconscious but I plan to speak with him when he wakes up, I will decide what to do after I have spoken with him." Zeus said "Very well brother we can discuss this another time."

Rachel Elizabeth Dare's pov

As I walked past the borders of camp half-blood I noticed some differences from when I was here last summer. For one there was a constant guard on the hill meaning something big had happened before I got here. There were signs that a battle had taken place on the hill, not to mention that the campers all looked grim and generally less cheerful than they were last summer.

As I walked down into the camp I continued to notice differences from last summer. Chiron met me as I walked through the camp he said "Welcome back miss Dare." I said "Thank you Chiron, what have I missed?" "The beginning of the latest war" he said gravely he continued "The magical barriers around the camp were disabled by Khione, and a few days ago we fought off an army containing monsters, enemy demigods, a titan and a giant with the aid of Lord Perseus and the hunters. On the same day camp Jupiter was also attacked by a similar army. However that one only contained Monsters demigods and a giant. Lord Perseus also helped them defeat that giant." "I said wow you guys have been busy" not bothering to respond to my attempt at lightening the mood he said instead "You haven't seen anything?" I said "Well I did have this dream; it showed a twelve year old boy that I had never seen before fighting off monsters, I got the feeling that he was important for some reason. Now after what you just said he must be important to our success in this war."

After I finished that statement Chiron looked worried. He asked me "What did this boy look like?" I answered "Messy black hair, gold eyes with flecks of sea green in them..." I trailed off as I realized something; I had realized that those are the same hair color and eye color that Percy has now, I also remembered that twelve years ago rumors had gone around that Percy was dating a mortal woman.

At the time I didn't really believe them since when the rumors started it hadn't been that long since Annabeth broke up with him for someone else. I never thought he would want to be with someone else so soon after that but now thinking back on it, could those rumors have been true, is the boy that I saw Percy's son?

I figured if anyone knew it would be Chiron since Chiron was like a second father to Percy, but there would be no guarantee that he would tell me if he did know. Regardless I asked "Is the boy that I saw Percy's son?" Chiron nodded and then he said "Yes he is, in fact he helped his father defeat Polybotes in the recent battle, and unfortunately Christina Jackson fell in the battle." That news saddened me she and I had gotten close, she was like a little sister to me she used Percy's last name since she hated her stepfather. From what Chiron had said I guessed that Percy's son is a lot like him. I figured that I would meet him sooner or later, so I spoke to Chiron for a bit longer, I asked him who exactly was rising this time, and when he told me a shiver went down my spine. When Percy and Annabeth had returned after the giant war they would have nightmares and flashbacks of what had happened down there.

Percy in particular had tried to hide this from everyone, but we knew. As far as I knew these had gone away after he had accepted godhood but then again we don't know that much about how the gods live for all I know they might not have to sleep. After I finished talking to Chiron I continued through the camp heading toward my cave, as I walked I noticed that the sword arena and archery range were larger in size than before so more campers could practice at once.

It seemed that the busiest areas of camp were the forge, the climbing wall, the sword arena, the archery range and judging by the number of campers with bandages in one place or another the infirmary. The volleyball pit was empty as were the basketball hoops, no canoes went across the lake and instead of being calm like usual the waters of the lake were rougher not really rough but there were slight waves that were going across it.

The long island sound was rougher still so obviously Percy, Poseidon or Percy's son weren't in a good mood. But what I didn't know at the time was that none of them were in a good mood that day. The day went by and eventually it was time for the camp fire. I noticed that the fire was really low and a really dark colour, like it had been when Percy was missing. After the sing along had ended everyone was about to leave when Chiron banged his hoof indicating we should stay "he said " I have recently received word from Olympus that Lady Persephone, and Lady Piper have gone missing. A quest will most likely be issued to find them since the gods are unable to interfere in this matter. I suspect who this quest will go to, however only a prophecy can tell us for certain, Miss Dare." I stood and I looked around at all the campers my eyes fell on the boy who I had seen in my dream who I had felt would be important, as I looked at him I felt the spirit of Delphi take over.