Chapter 23

Luke's point of view

After I freed Lady Piper she went over and Lifted Lady Persephone to her feet, she was basically carrying her since she was still unconscious. We walked back to where Hudson was fighting off the last of the monsters. After we dealt with the last of them we headed back the way we had come. As we walked we began to hear noise from outside, I assumed that Scooter and Bob must be fighting the giants.

It was at this point when Persephone returned to consciousness but she still looked tired. We walked toward the door and I pushed it open, when I was back outside I ran toward where scooter was battling Ephialtes, Hudson headed for Otis. Piper frowned when she saw the giants. Knowing she would have to help us defeat them even though I am sure that she was still tired from being held captive.

She grew to her full godly height and faced the giants a fierce scowl on her face. Her dagger appeared in her hand but then it elongated into a sword, cool. Getting off task here stupid ADHD, Anyway scooter and I fought Ephialtes I fought with my sword and shield for a while but eventually I resorted to the same strategy that I used for Polybotes. I shot arrows at him until I thought there were enough and then using them as footholds I climbed up and stabbed him in the stomach. I dropped back down, and Piper threw Katoptris, now back in dagger form and it stabbed the giant in the throat.

After the defeat of his brother Otis charged at the others with renewed vigor, Scooter and I ran over to help. When we were done with him Otis suffered the same fate as his brother. Persephone had stayed out of the battle still weakened from her captivity.

She left going who knows where, while we were still fighting. After the battle ended Bob also left saying it was for the best. After the fight we were all tired and now we were wondering how we would get back to camp, Hudson was too tired to shadow travel, Bob had left, as had Persephone the only one left besides us was Piper, and she had just helped us fight two giants not to mention the fact the we just broke her out of a prison.

Since she was our only chance at getting back quickly, we turned to her. I bowed and said, "Lady Piper is there any way you could get us back to camp?" 

With a slight smile, she said, "I would but it seems that your transportation is already arriving."

We looked at her completely confused and she pointed toward the sky where three large shapes were descending toward the ground at first I thought they were birds but I quickly realized that they weren't birds they were winged horses, pegasi.

When they landed I could see that one of them was completely black except for some gold in the feathers of his wings. The second one was similar except he was brown and gold the third one was a darker brown with no gold. Suddenly I jumped when I heard a voice say, "Hi Boss Jr."

 I looked around in confusion while the others were looking at me weird, confused at why I had jumped.

The voice spoke again, it said, "Over here duh,"

 it was then that I realized that it had been the black Pegasus that was talking and I realized that it was in my head not out loud. It was then that I remembered that since Poseidon had blessed me I could speak to horses and other equestrian animals. So after I remembered that I asked the Pegasi their names. They told me their names were Blackjack, Porkpike, and Guido.

Scooter looked at me weird and asked, "Are you talking to that Pegasus?" 

I answered, "yeah I forgot to mention that my dad took me under the sea to meet my grandparents and while I was down there my grandfather Poseidon gave me his blessing, so now I can speak to horses and similar animals, as well as sea creatures. They accepted that answer and Piper seemed unsurprised.

After this, she left probably headed back to Olympus. We climbed on the pegasi and they took us back to camp, Blackjack had said that he and Porkpike were my dad's pegasi so I asked if he had sent them. He said that he hadn't.

Apparently, they had just been out on a flight to stretch their wings, since pegasi are free spirits and don't like to be stuck in stables all the time. Apparently, the other Pegasus Guido was just a friend of theirs that had tagged along. They had spotted us and decided to help out. On the flight back to camp I tried to convince Blackjack to stop calling me boss junior since it was kind of annoying and embarrassing. Sure my friends had no clue what he was saying but still it was annoying. When we got back to camp Blackjack asked if we had any donuts or sugar cubes but we said we didn't. After that, the pegasi flew off. By the time we got back to camp, we were just in time for dinner.

Scooter and Hudson went and joined their siblings while I sat down at my table. We were asked to recount the events of our quest. And we did. I didn't really want all the attention we were getting but there wasn't much I could do about it.