Chapter 46 - Forgiven ?

Katherine's POV

An ominous boom startled me out of my abysmal nightmare.

My cheeks are wet and my body is bathed in cold sweat. The sheets are twisted around my limbs, probably because i was thrashing in my sleep.

My heart pounded harder in my chest as the remnants of that nightmare still clung to my mind, hunting me.

I sat up and wiped the tears away as I tried to fix my hair.

I heard footsteps and a door closing, was Cara out ?

I was about to get up and check when the door of my room opened , Cara peeked inside and when she spotted me she gave me a small smile.

"You're awake." She said and i just nodded giving her a smile too.

She stayed by my side in the last few days , I can't imagine what would've happened with my life if this girl is not my friend.

"I booked us tickets, our flight is tomorrow." She said stepping inside.

"Good." I mumbled my voice low and hoarse from all the crying.

"There's someone who wants to see you." She said , her words made my nervousness grew more.

Could it be .. Him ?

"Who ?" I asked as a small hope started to build inside me.

"Me." Alex said as he came from behind Cara and then looked at me.

I couldn't help the little disappointment as all the hope i felt vanished.

Why i would think he will come and see me ? Why would he do that ?

I mocked myself and my hopeless thoughts.

I shook my head trying to kick these thoughts to the back of my mind as i saw Alex stepping closer.

Why he is here ?

He probably knows everything by now , did he come to shout at me ?

I know I deserve it but i am literally not in the mood for that, especially after what I discovered yesterday.

He came and sat on the bed facing me , as i shifted in my seat.

"I have some work to do." Cara said before she went and closed the door behind her leaving us alone on purpose.

I ran my hand in my messy hair probably making it more messy.

Alex kept silent at first , his face showing nothing, I don't know if he is mad or angry as he took in my appearance.

"You look like shit." Was the first thing he said as he looked at me.

My eyes widened a bit at his comment , i was expecting him to start calling me names , to insult me or shout at me.

But definitely not this.

I opened my mouth to say something but Nothing came out so i just closed it again.

"When was the last time you took a shower?" He said or kind of mocked at me again.

"If you came here to make me feel bad about myself, then don't, because i already do." I said and that was the longest sentence i've muttered since three days.

"No , i came to kick some sense into you." He said glaring at me.

"What ?" I asked as i looked at him dumbfounded.