Chapter 37 - The Hot Coffee

Katherine's POV

The heavy silence settled over us, thicker then the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. I shifted in my seat nervously ; thanks god the company is not that far from the hotel , i can't wait to arrive , this awkward tension is killing me.

None of us said anything after the kiss , and if it wasn't for the room service knocking on the door interrupting us , no one would've known what was going to happen , and for that i am so grateful.

Thinking about the kiss , i can't help the blush that crept its way to my cheek, it wasn't our first kiss , but i barely remember anything about that one , i was drunk and wasted , and all i can say is that this jerk knows exactly how to kiss.

Damn him..

I tried to resist but i couldn't , it is like his touch has some kind of a spell on my body , making it hard not to respond to him , the way he grabbed me in his arms , it felt like it is just all what i needed for a moment.

Why i am becoming weak again , why i am doing this to me , and to him ?

I spent years building these walls around me, trying to push people away , but I don't know how he managed , just by a touch of his finger to crumble these walls into ashes !

I have to stop whatever i am doing , or whatever i am feeling , i have to tell him soon that i am going to quit the job , i have to get away from him as far as i can before more things happen. Even if he didn't kill Chase , that doesn't give me the right to feel anything toward him, or to even touch him or let him touch me , i shouldn't even enjoy it.

The car stopped jerking me from my thoughts , i went out and till now we hadn't spoken a word , he didn't even glance at my side since we get into the car.

Together we entered, and headed toward the office , once i reached my desk , a white box caught my attention , my eyes widened a bit when i recognized the small Apple logo on the top of it , i directly turned toward Ashton, "You will need it for work since you lost yours." He said with a blank tone.

"But.." I was about to protest and tell him i can buy my own stuffs , but without giving me a chance he walked away toward his office leaving me talking to myself.

So are we back to Mr. jerk again , or what ?

What happened to him suddenly , he was just kissing me hours ago !

Bipolar stupid ugly hot Jerk..

I shook my head , and went to my desk , i opened the box and took the phone ,opening it i saw few contacts , probably he added them , scrolling down , one of the name caught my attention made my eyes widen as much as they can , it was written under the name "Master".

What the actual hell ?

He saved his phone number under this name !

I don't know how long i was just staring at the phone's screen dumbfounded , my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open , trying to register that Ashton did this , it wasn't the word that shocked me , it was that he did something like this , wasn't he giving me the grumpy attitude moments ago.

This man is weird , he is totally unpredictable !

I directly edited the contact name and changed it to "Mr.Jerk.", with a satisfied smile , i opened my laptop and started working.

*****

I was so engrossed in my work trying to finish what i have for today early so i can go and see Caleb , I have to tell him everything.