Chapter 25 - Safe

Katherine's POV

Damn Cara , she slapped him ,she had the balls to slap Ashton.

How could she ? 

I swear i can see a red mark forming on his cheek, but it is not even compared to how red his eyes look right now, i saw him clenching his jaw ,his hand curled into a fist ready to attack any minute but i stepped directly in front of him protecting stupid Cara , she has no idea what happens when he gets all angry and mad or she would've never thought of slapping him.

I apologized on my crazy friend's behavior, but his eyes were still fixated on her , his face fuming with anger , i placed my hand on his shoulder to grab his attention, he tensed once my hand touched his and his eyes snapped to my direction, he looked at me for a while ,and i was pleading him with my eyes to drop the topic , And he did so , "I'll be in the car." he said before storming out of the apartment.

I looked at Cara giving her one of my dangerous looks , but she looked scared though , i think she figured how Ashton can turn into a scary creature.

"I'm sorry , but i couldn't handle just stand and look at him without doing anything ! " She said and i understand how she felt , it is the same thing i always feel whenever i am around him.

"He is a killer Katherine , he killed him , he killed Chase." she said the last part more as a whisper, but even though i already know it , even though this is always imprinted in my mind i couldn't help the ache i felt in my heart, it is like someone had stabbed my heart with a knife, a really sharp knife...

I shook my head trying to kick out the bad thoughts in it, trying to held back the tears forming in my eyes , This is not the right time for this.

"I'm going now , when you arrive there tell me." I said to Cara holding my bag and heading toward the door .

I felt a hand on my shoulder , i turned around "Be careful" is all what she said, i nodded because she was right i have to be careful as much as i can.

I went toward the parking area struggling with my bag , why i have to pack so damn much clothes ?

I saw Ashton seated in his car , i went toward him still struggling with my god dammit bag, and the gentleman he is , he didn't even bother to help me.

But he was lost in his thoughts oblivious to the fact i am standing beside him waiting for him to open the car's back trunk to put my bag, so i knocked on his window snapping him from his trail of thoughts.

He looked at me confused then his eyes went from me to the bag i am holding,so he went out and took it from me and placed it in the car.

I entered the car and he followed me , without uttering a word he turned on the engine and started driving toward the airport.

The whole ride we kept silent, i was waiting for him to say something or even shout as he usually does but nothing came, so i kept silent too.

Sick of the silence , and this tensed atmosphere, i turned on the radio , and music started playing in the car just for a second because suddenly the man beside me turned it off.

I glared at him but he didn't even bother to look at me , i just huffed and turned my head toward the window.

Why he is always such a jerk ?

"Are all your friends crazy like you ?" He finally said breaking the silence but he didn't even glance at my side , he kept the same poker face looking at the road ahead.

Wait , did he just , did he just call me crazy ?!

Such a jerk !

I ignored his stupid lame of a question, but he didn't drop the topic because you know he is a jerk.