Chapter 23 - I am not alone

Katherine's POV

A knock on the door jerked me from the trail of thoughts running in my mind , checking my watch it is just 04:00 pm which mean it is not Ashton, he said he'll pick me up at 07:00 pm. I wonder who would come now.

Well if you opened you will know.. You are right inner me.

I opened the door , to see Caleb standing there.

"Hey.." he said rubbing the back of his head. I just stared at him still mad at how he shouted at me and didn't support my decision. I mean he know how hard is this for me , so he have to at least try and make it easier not make me more afraid than i already i am.

"You are not going to invite me in ?" He asked wearing an innocent look , i just stepped aside, extended my hand and mumbled a "Come in".

He went and stood in the living room , i just stood beside him waiting him to say whatever he came here to say.

"I am sorry.. okay" He said breaking the silence.

"I know i screwed up like i usually do , i should've make it easier on you instead of shouting like an idiot , i know it is not your fault and you just want to finish this whole revenge plan, but you cant blame me when i feel overprotective over you , because if anything bad happened to you i will never be able forgive myself." He said and i can see it in his eyes that he meant every single word he said.

I hate how he always makes me forgive him easily.. I hate him..

No you don't .. okay, okay i don't ! Shut up inner me.

"Am i forgiven ?" He asked looking at me with his puppy eyes , so i gave up and smiled.

"You are." i said nodding my head.

Then he wore the same smile he had given me seconds ago.

"You were crying." It was more like a statement than a question , i think my eyes are puffy and red from crying before he came.

He came closer and then his eyes traveled from me to something behind me , and when i saw the sudden change in his expression i turned my head and saw the picture i was holding before.

He went beside the couch and took it , he looked at it and i can see how pain flashed in his eyes , pain maybe of seeing Chase after a long time . I felt that it affected him as much as it did to me.

I seated myself beside him ,something inside me pushed me to comfort him , something inside me hated seeing him like this. He never showed any kind of weakness , he was too busy in erasing my pain that he forget to  erase his.

I side-hugged him wanting badly to remove the pained expression from his face and replace it with the genuine smile he had minutes ago.

"I really miss him." He finally said not removing his eyes from the picture.

"I know , i miss him too." I said looking at the picture again.

"Why life is so cruel like this ? " He looked at me and i felt tears forming in my eyes at how vulnerable he look right now.

I am not used to this side of Caleb , he had never showed it before , and i don't know what to do.

So i just hugged him tightly , because i know words wont fix anything ,Saying that everything would be okay  is just a statement we use ,but we all know it is just a lie.

He hugged me back and buried his face in the crock of my neck , we kept like this for a while until he pulled back but our faces still close , he looked into my eyes , and i couldn't help but feel uncomfortable by his closeness , i never felt like this before but i think after the kiss something changed. Maybe i was afraid that he'll do it again.

As if he was reading my mind , his gaze went from my eyes to my mouth and if it was possible i felt his face inching closer, but then a loud knock on the door jerked both of us away and i couldn't be more thankful because no one knows what would've happened.

I cleared my throat and went toward the door , opening it "Hey LAZY ASS.." and a smirking Cara was standing there.

"CARA !" I exclaimed throwing myself to hug her , she stumbled backward and if it wasn't for the door behind her she would've fell.

"Oh my god ! I missed you stupid" I said squeezing her harder.

"A-Air.. C-can't breath" Cara said her voice coming a whisper then i realized i was squeezing the hell out of her so i let go of her.

"Damn girl ! You were about to kill me ." typical dramatic Cara response.

"When did you came back from Chicago ? Why you didn't tell me earlier ?" I asked her.

Cara went to Chicago in a business trip after we came from Miami , She works for a fashion company now and she is the head master of a whole section, she is some important shit over there so she was obliged to be away for this long.

God , i missed her so much , this stupid shit.

"I wanted it to be a surprise , that's why i didn't tell you." She said.

"Aww ! Caleb is here , come in , off course he missed you too." I said ushering her toward the living room.

"Actually I saw Caleb once i arrived."She said and suddenly her smile faded away.

"Wait , what ? You went to Caleb first , well now i am jealous." I said teasingly looking between both of them.

"Its not like this, I came in the morning and i though you would be in the company because you told me that you started working there again, but you weren't there ,and to my surprise i knew that now you are working for a different company." She said and i can notice the sadness forming in her voice, and she has the total right to be mad at me , i was lying at her for the last three weeks , i wasn't able to tell her the truth , i think i should now , but to my surprise..

"Caleb told me everything.." She said and my eyes widened.

"Kat, Why you didn't tell me ? You know i would've done anything i can to help you." She is mad at me and i don't blame her , it is just everything happened so fast and she was miles away working  , i didn't want to disturb her.

"I know Car, I am sorry , I am so sorry , it is just you were away and i didn't want to disturb you with my problems , which is a thing i was doing a lot for the last two years . You were beside me all the time and you deserve a break from all my drama and my problems. " I said trying to explain the reason why i didn't tell her, I hope she'll understand.

"Never ever say that again , your problems are my problems too. Next time don't hesitate to tell me anything." Damn her and Caleb why they are so sweet like this , i don't know what good i have done to have them in my life.

I hugged her again,and she hugged me back then mumbled "I missed you stupid."

"Did you finish packing ?" Caleb asked making us pull apart and then i nodded answering his question.

"My bags are in the car too" Cara said, but wait what bags?

"What bags ?" I asked confused.

"I am going to Columbia with you." She said casually in a-matter-of-a-fact tone making my eyes widen with surprise.

"You though i would let you go alone with that man." The fears of going back to Colombia vanished the moment she muttered those words. I wont be alone there , Cara will be there with me and that is enough for me.

Looking at Caleb and Cara gathered around me brought me inner peace , and in that moment i was sure that I am not alone..

____________________________________________________________________________

Nothing Major happened in this Chapter , it is just i noticed i totally forget about Cara , so i tried to explain the cause behind her absence.

Any way , I'll update soon :)

I am so happy the rank of my story increased from #180 into #107 in a short period , that is because of you my lovely readers, thanks all <3 <3 <3

Comment and VOTE.

My love <3