Chapter 6

Shawn's P.O.V.

I didn't leave Abi's bed side for the last five months. FIVE FRICKING MONTHS. I have been here so lone that I do not even remember what my own house looks like. You would like to believe that after living in a house for at least five years a twenty seven year old Mafia man would at least know what his own house looks like. I mean the things I missed like a proper shower or a bed oh and I loved the feel of a good soft warm bed.

I haven't had a proper shower since five months ago. Donavon and Sienna have been here and told me to go, or more like come home for the last four months to go home and eat properly and bathe and sleep. All of that stuff is for the weak. This is the kind of negative talk that I didn't need in my life right now.

The doctors have been up in my ass to do eat. I mean I ate like once a week,  wasn't that enough to keep them happy. All of the doctors had no faith. I knew that my princess was gonna wake up again.

The heart monitor started to pick up a lot of speed. Her heart was beating way too fast. I pressed the bottom to call the nurse rapidly.

Bitch wasn't replying. "Nurse, Doctor. Anyone" I shouted. No response. Soon a doctor burst through the door. Well he took his time.

He was looking at her for the last half an hour. Her heart calmed down and he was 'checking up' on her. Did I mention that he pushed me out of the room. Talk about being a bitch. He finally walked out to me, smiling.

"OK sir, it looks like miss Abigail has regained her conscience but has not woken up as yet my theory is that she is sleeping or her body is in shock and I recommend for her to get heavy surveillance and make sure that someone is by her side at all times. If she wakes up today if all is well she can be released by the end of the week", he said making me happy.

I was really happy.  My baby was conscience but not awake. She's alive.

I needed to call Sienna.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

Sienna finally picked up. Sounding like she ran a mile. I really didn't want to know.

"Shay,  what's up?I think Donavon is trying to kill me. His girlfriend came over and I said some things then she said some things and left, so now Don is angry that he won't get laid. Sooooo, why you calling? "

"Thanks forgiving me by our undivided attention. Can you stop playing and put the phone on loud speaker so that both you and Don can hear me please. I don't care about your right because I need to finish this call now so HURRY!!! " I said rushing her.

"OK fine". I heard shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"Hey girlfriend, what can I do for you today. " he said sounding so gay. Sienna burst out laughing and so did I .

This was serious so I just laughed it off and made him smile.

"Sienna, Donavon.  The doctor just did a check up on Abi and told me that she should wake up any time today,  and if all is well we will be home by the end of the week. I expect my house to be cleaned and everything that you broke to be replaced".

As soon as I said that I heard someone say,  " Don't be too mean on them. You always wanted kids so we adopted a Donavon  and a Sienna."

The funny thing was I thought it was Abigail cause it sounded like her but she wasn't awake. So that was one thing I tried to shake off.
Donavon and Sienna seemed to hear it too cause they asked who it was. But I told them that it was nothing.

Continuing my conversation I heard the same voice speak again.

"Wow. Babe if I expected at least one person to be excited that I woke up it was you but I guess I was wrong.  I should call Sienna to come and to check up. Wait I can't find my phone can I borrow yours"? She said again.

With this I turned around slowly and looked at her. She was laying down with her eyes on me. Smiling. My baby was smiling.  I was too happy and so was Donavon. I heard him tell me to put the phone on loudspeaker and that was what I did.

I walked over to the bed slowly and looked at my baby. She was stretching out her hand for me to hold.

I took her out stretched hand. And squeezed it.

"Babe", I whispered.

With that a doctor came into the room. Just great.