Chapter 3

The guard left the prince and walked on his own. Aquaria left the pillar and began walking quickly, pretending to not know that there was someone in front of her; the plan was to barrel into him to grab his attention. With her bent low, Aquaria dashed into the prince which caused her to fall on her back while the prince fell on her side. With the flick of her wand and a spell, she managed to produce a wound on her hand that would result in friction with the floor. As a result, She sat up groaning in pain, holding her now wounded hand. The prince went on his knees to notice her cause of worry.

"My apologies miss, are you hurt?" The prince observed her wound in surprise.

"You ignorant creature, look what you've done, my hand! Oh!" Aquaria cradled her hand with the wound in open sight and moaned in pain.

The prince helped her stand up only to be nagged by her.

"Look what you've done! Have you no eyes?" Aquaria scolded.

"Please, let me study your wound" he persuaded.

"why, are you a doctor?" She snapped.

"I am not, but I can aid it"

"How can I trust you?" She hissed at him.

"My lady, your wound needs to be looked after"

"Can you really do it?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Yes, yes I can my lady"

"Sounds fair, it was you who caused it anyway"

"Please, follow me"

Aquaria poised herself while following the prince, he stole a few glances at her and her wound and felt guilty.

"Why are we here?" Aquaria asked when the prince took her to his study.

"I don't think I want to be noticed by anyone with some girl" the prince replied.

'You are certainly allergic to women, aren't you?' Aquaria thought to herself.

"How peculiar of you to treat people in your study" She stated.

"Does it matter as long as it has all the essentials?" He asked.

"No, it doesn't"

The prince offered her to sit at a settee and returned with a gauze and a bottle of disinfectant liquid. He took his seat next to her with a distance of a few inches and requested her attention.

"May I clean your wound now?"

"Oh yes" Though it did not hurt since it was a deceptive wound, she feigned a grievous look.

The prince began cleaning the wound and was amused by her endurance of the pain the disinfectant would've caused the wound.

"I'm intrigued by the way you're so tolerant about your pain!"

"Oh thank you, it didn't hurt so much"

"Friction wounds may not appear so bad, but they do hurt a lot"

"By all means yes"

"Nevertheless, if you were impatient, it wouldn'thave helped me" the Prince muttered to himself "I hope you'll be fine now" he said after completing the aiding process by wrapping the gauze around her hand.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Aquaria Waters" she stood up and curtsied.

"Pleased to meet you Ms. Waters, I'm Herman, prince of.."

"That's not required" Aquaria interjected and continued "I know that the land where I'm standing is your dominion"

"You did know?" He exclaimed "I believed you were oblivious of my identity"