September 20th, 1996

Janet, Latoya, and Rebbie were out with Mariah, picking out wedding dresses to try on. Janet felt like she knew her the best, so she figured that Mariah would probably like one of her picks over Rebbie or Latoya's. They weren't in a regular bridal shop though, they were look through designs by various designers that Mariah's stylist had called. Each designer had contributed about three different designs, so the living room had become a little boutique of sorts.

"She'll love this." Latoya said, holding up a Vera Wang. It was a mermaid style dress, form fitting at the top and flowed out at the bottom. The top was heavily beaded, and while it was a pretty dress, Janet didn't think it was the one.

She shrugged. "Pull it. We'll see."

"Toy, you know Janet thinks she's got the perfect dress." Rebbie said.

Janet rolled her eyes. "I know Mariah the best. She's going to want something understated, classic Hollywood type look."

Mariah always talked about how much she admired old Hollywood stars, something she had in common with Michael. It wasn't out of the ordinary for them to be watching silent films together

"Yeah, but Mariah's also got a really bubbly personality." Rebbie pointed out as she pulled a large tiered ballgown. "Something like this."

Latoya shook her head. "Mike is going to be stepping all over that."

"I like it." Janet said as she pushed two more dresses to the side. "I hate how's she making this a competition."

"That's because you know my dress is best." Latoya giggled.

Janet rolled her eyes and a dress caught her eye. "You won't be saying that when you see this one."

She pulled a understated dress that was runched at the top with a few details. She thought it was elegant enough to be Mariah's wedding dress.

"That's too plain." Rebbie said.

Janet rolled her eyes. "It's fine. Now let's take them to her, I think I know which dress she'll pick."

September 25th, 1996

Michael was having troubling sleeping. He missed Mariah, but he figured she was probably busy so he had put off calling her until later. Instead, he had decided to watch some of their home movies, a lot of which came from the Dangerous tour. He was currently watching a video from them in Barcelona from four years ago. 

"So today, we're going to be refuting all of the rumors about us." Mariah was saying into the camera.

They were laying in the couch together, Michael's vitiligo was clearly visible since he wasn't wearing any makeup while Mariah was sitting beside him looking gorgeous. 

Michael was laughing, shaking his head. "Do you want to start?"

"Sure." She picked up a magazine and held it up. "This says that our engagement is fake."

She held her finger up close so that the ring was visible. "See that? A real engagement ring."

Michael laughed. "I guess they can stop trying to figure out if I'm gay."

Michael rolled his eyes. The gay rumors that had followed him from the 70s annoyed him to no end. He had nothing against gays, but he wasn't and never would be; he had too much admiration for the female form.

Mariah groaned dramatically. "Do they still think you sleep in a hyperbaric chamber?"

"Fuck those people." He shrugged.