Prolog

The door to the basement's creek was the only thing to clue Grandma Elena in that Gerard was up for the day. The boy was practically soundless. Elena turned immediately, her sharp nose catching a hint in the eldest Way brother's sent that was not there yesterday. Recalling the fact he had turned sixteen only half a month ago, Elena knew how special the day was.

"He's coming today." She spoke looking up at Gerard as he went to sit down next to Mikey, a cup of coffee already in his hands.

"Who?" Gerard questioned, placing a head on his brother's shoulder and reading the comic Mikey was holding.

"Your mate." At that the brothers looked up and Donna stopped whatever she was doing in the kitchen to look at Elena. Her shocked face matching her sons'.

"What Ma?" She asked, spatula still in hand.

"Just smell him. His mate is coming today, his body is ready for it. Soon were going to have a dominant animal knocking on our door, sniffing out our boy." Donna nodded turning into the kitchen to put the spatula down before coming back into the room, going over to her son and sniffing his neck.

"You're right." She said before turning to Gerard. "Honey, go shower and change, its already three and your mate can be here any minute. Make sure not to use any soap that smells, it's may throw them off. Come down as quick as possible. Okay?"

Gerard looked up at his mom, then his brother next to him before turning to his grandmother.

"Am I going into heat?" He asked his eyes wide already knowing the answer.

Elena smirked "You're only going into stage one but, yes you are. So, go up there and get ready before you turn into a pile of goo."

Gerard nodded getting up to shower and change.

Frank's eyes opened abruptly. Something smelt amazing. Something was new too he thought. This thing was not here yesterday.

He rolled out of bed, untangling himself from the covers and jumping down the stairs. His dad looked up from the stove. Frank Sr knew something was up with his boy the moment he started stiffing the counter.

Frank's mom noticed something was up too and came to stand next to her husband.

"What's that smell." Their son asked. Frank abandoned the counter and stuck his head in the freezer. He was starting to question if he was going crazy or not.

"It's very possible." Mrs. Iero said. "His mate could be sixteen. We cloud take him out, see what happens."

Frank Sr nodded turning and walking to the other side of the room and grabbing a harness and a leash. He waited, watching his son.

Frank walked along the wall, nose high. He was getting closer, he could feel it. He was just on top of the source. He just needed to dig stronger. That was it! Frank thought he must have been a genius in his half crazed state.

The almost fourteen year old pulled off his shirt and pajama pants, staying in his boxers as he shifted. Bones clicked and muscles stretched as he changed into a dark grey wolf. He was big compared to his human form but, that was normal considering he was an alpha.

His father charged forward, clipping the harness and leash on to his son as Frank's mom opened the door and held it open as he ran out.

Gerard panted. He was laying on the ground with his mom and brother sat around him. Elena sat on the couch respectively. Gerard jerked, crying out. His mom grabbed Mikey by the back of the shirt and pulled them back up to the couch, sensing the beginning of her son's change.

Gerard screamed as his tail was the first to come out. It was long, shiny and fluffy as it stoked his calf. Panting as his teeth sharpened and his ears grew out.

Mikey's eyes grew wider as his brother slowly turned into a small black tabby cat. He knew Gerard was in pain as he got up from the couch and lifted him up. Sitting back down, Mikey stroked him.

Elena was the first to speak.

"He will get bigger as he grows up but, for now, let's enjoy the small bundle of fluff that is Gerard." She put her arm around her daughter, who was dabbing her happy tears on her sleeve.

They sat for a minuet in quiet. Gerard's head perked up from his brother's pajama shirt. He heard something. It sounded like a bark.

Then the doorbell rang.

Frank bounded up the sidewalk sniffing. He was so close he could feel it. Frank looked across the street before running across it to one of the houses that lined the block.

He found it.

Yipping loudly, he slapped his paws on the concrete as his mother rang the door bell.

The door was opened by a woman presumably in her late thirties. Frank yipped, the smell was all over her. He stiffed at her feet. She smelt like it but, she wasn't the cause the cause of it.  Frank whined going deeper into the home, sniffing at the floors.

Back at the door Donna gathers who the strange wolf in her kitchen is before introducing herself to Frank's parents and inviting them inside to follow Frank.

Gerard heard the thing in the kitchen. It was big, making the chairs move and squeak as it sniffed around. Gerard was not scared of it like Mikey was. Mikey hugged his brother to his chest and burrowed further into the couch.

Mikey looked up as his mother and two other adults came into the room through the back door. They sat next to his Grandma and waited patiently.

Mikey squealed as a big grey wolf came into the room, sniffing around the walls.

"Don't worry he won't hurt you." The lady Mikey didn't know said. The wolf made its way around to her couch first. She pet his head softly as he past.

Gerard twitched. The closer the wolf got, the more hot and uncomfortable he got. It was almost at Mikey's feet now.

The wolf followed up his pant leg to his arms, finally finding the source of the smell. Frank growled, something was holding the small ball of fur back.

Mikey squeaked pulling Gerard tighter unknowingly.

"He just wants Gerard honey." Elena whispered to her grandson. Mikey nodded letting Gerard go slowly.

Frank yipped and jumped onto the couch and partly into Mikey's lap, grabbing Gerard by the scruff of the neck and pulling him to the other side of the room and under the T.V. 

The cat was small next to Frank and he purred while Frank licked down his fur.

Frank curled around his newfound mate making sure he was protected. Everyone awed as Gerard yawed and curled up in Frank's fur, disappearing and falling asleep. Frank raised his head looking at each person on the other side of the room in turn. Once  I he made sure there was no danger, he put his head back down and fell asleep around his mate.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

1198 words! Wew. This was fun to write.
I might just keep this a one-shot, I don't know. If you peoples want another chapter make sure to vote for and comment this story. I'll see you soon!