The DDLJ letter ....

As Simar and Roli were eating dinner the postman shows up at the door. Simar opens the door and takes the envelope from the postman's hand and closes the door as he leaves.

Simar sits down next to Roli and opens the envelope which has a letter in writing to her father. Its from Simar's father's friend and is well known to both sisters as he visits them often. Because Simar's father is not home and Simar is in charge of the house she decides to read the letter. She reads .....

"Dear Rajendra (Simar's father),
It looks as if you have forgotten me because you havnt phoned or visited me in all these years.
But i hope you remember the promise we made to each other about our friendship turning into a relationship when our children grow up ......"

Simar stops reading and turns to look at Roli who has the same confused expression on her face and then turns back to the letter to read on.

"..... My son Prem has finished his studying and will soon be handling my buisnesses just like you wanted.. and Siddant is near to finishing his studies and will help Prem later on.
I think it is now time to put all work to a side and fulfill the promise of making a relationship by getting our Prem and Simar and Siddant and Roli married.
Please reply back and i cant wait to meet you and my future daughter-in-law's soon.
Your jigree dost veeru."

After a few stares from Roli, Simar without thought got up and ran to her room dropping the letter on the way. Which was later picked up by Roli and put safely on the shelf in her parents room for them to read when they return.

Roli then walked towards Simar's room hoping for answers.