A New Victim

Ayame's POV:

It was around 11:30 and I was still at Yosuke's house, he had invited me round to watch some anime after his shift at Junes. I had told Naoto and her grampa where I would be and that I would most likely be home late. It was getting closer and closer to midnight and it was raining outside, not a good sign if Naoto and my kidnappings were any sign it was that the killer was still out there. I was in the kitchen making yakisoba noodles for Yosuke and I, the news was on in the living room. 'That politician again? He left two days ago why is he still on the news?' I thought to myself as I cut up the vegetables.

Yosuke was still up in his room he had told me that we should watch the midnight channel tonight which is why I was downstairs making food, since the rumors go that you had to watch it alone we didn't want to risk it not working if we were together.

I turned of the TV as the time got to 11:58 as I started adding all the food into the wok to cook as soon as I was done with the food it turned midnight. Turning the stove off I walked over to the TV and stared at it. 'Please let no-one appear please!'' I thought to myself as the TV started to show static, then a hazy image on the screen.

''Oh no'' I whispered as I watched the image, it seemed really small but that's all the detail I could make out it was so blurry that I couldn't even tell what the persons gender was, which was a problem. The time struck 12:01 and the image fuzzed out leaving me standing in front of the black screen, I heard Yosuke on the phone to someone upstairs, most likely Yu so I pulled out my phone and called up Naoto maybe she would have a clue as to who that person was. After a couple of rings she picked up,

''Shirogane speaking''

''Naoto its Ayame, did you see that. Someone came on the midnight channel right?'' I said quickly

''Yes I did indeed see it, it was so blurry though I couldn't make out anything of the person. Not their height, age range or gender'' she said quizzically, man if Naoto couldn't make anything out we would be in some real trouble. I heard Yosuke come downstairs, he walked over and embraced me from behind.

''Naoto, we should all meet up at Junes tomorrow, I think I'm gonna stay here for the night. Yosuke and I will compare data and let the others know okay?'' I spoke as Yosuke held me tighter as if in approval. Teddie was on night duty at Junes that night anyway, punishment for falling asleep during work.

''Of course that would be for the best, make sure he keeps you safe and I shall see you all first thing tomorrow'' after that Naoto and I said goodbye before hanging up the phone, I turned around in Yosuke's arms so that I was facing him only to see him deep in thought. I knitted my brows together as I thought of that image, it seemed really small to be someone of our school or any high school for that matter but who could it have been?

After thinking hard for a minuet my brain started to hurt so I rested my head on Yosuke's chest snapping him out of his thoughts. He smiled down to me and hugged me close. I pulled away after a little bit and went to get our food, handing a bowl and a set of chopsticks to Yosuke who was now sitting on the couch. I sat next to him and we ate in silence. Not an awkward silence, it was actually really nice but I could tell he was thinking the same thing as me. Who was that person on the midnight channel.

After 5 minuets we finished eating but continued to sit in silence as we thought. Yosuke was the first to break the silence as he scooted closer to me and put his arm around me pulling me closer to his chest, I allowed him to do so as I fell onto him allowing him to stroke my hair.

''Ayame, lets not worry about it tonight okay? We are meeting up with everyone first thing tomorrow so we call all talk and compare our thoughts and ideas then okay?'' he spoke soothingly, just hearing his voice calmed me instantly and I smiled up at him, seeing that he smiled back and lifted me into his arms. He carried me into his room, closed the door and turned off the lights. He walked over to his futon and slid inside it placing me next to him under the covers.

I smiled up at him before yawning a little, he pulled me closer to him and I closed my eyes in his warm embrace. As I was trying to fall asleep I could hear his breathing fall into a steady pattern, 'he fell asleep pretty fast must have been worn out from work poor guy' I thought to myself as I slowly opened my eyes once more to see his peaceful face in front of mine I leaned up and gave him a small peck on the lips, getting a small sleepy smile on his face. I smiled and cuddled back into him as I fell asleep.

Yosuke's POV:

I woke up early the next morning to see a sleeping Ayame still tight in my embrace I smiled down to her small, vulnerable figure as the alarm went off beside me I turned it off as Ayame started to wake up. She rubbed her eyes sleepily and looked up to me, her hood from the hoodie I let her borrow last night, due to her feeling cold despite wearing fluffy pyjamas, was still up. I brushed the hair out of her face as she looked up to me.

''Morning beautiful'' I whispered causing her face to flush bright red, I had never called her that before but this was what I had thought her reaction would have been anyway. I chuckled at her red face and sat up in the futon pulling her up with me, she was still snuggling into my chest. I helped her to stand up as she walked out of my room slowly and to the bathroom across the hall to get changed.

I quickly threw on my winter clothes and grabbed my headphones placing them around my neck, I was finishing tying my shoes when Ayame knocked on my door I told her to come in as I was ready she walked in wearing a long sleeved, orange top with jeans. She put on a pair of orange high tops and a white jacket that was similar to mine, my father had bought her it to congratulate her on finding me..... man my family are weird.

She quickly tied her hair up in a high pony as I threw on my jacket. I grabbed her hand as we left the house, We walked quickly down the road to Junes. When we got there we saw three of the investigation team had arrived already; Teddie, Naoto and Kanji. We sat down next to them and we all sat in silence until; Yu, Rise, Chie and Yukiko arrived then we began to talk about the midnight channel the previous night.

''Wasn't the person on the TV kinda small?'' Teddie said when we asked him what he thought. He had watched the TV's in the electronics department so he could still tell us what he saw.

''It was hard to tell, the image was too blurry. Are you sure you just didn't fall asleep and dreamt that up Teddie?'' Chie said giggling slightly but before we could all agree with her Ayame spoke up for the first time in this conversation.

''No I think Teddie is right, yeah the image was really blurry so I couldn't make out much more detail but I could defiantly tell that the image was really small. It didn't look like a person that would be at any high school yet.... maybe based on their height..... a grade schooler. I can't be sure though'' we all listened to her diligently, if she saw the same as Teddie then I can believe that the image Teddie saw was not a dream we all nodded in response as we all fell silent.

''It should rain again tonight'' Yukiko said breaking the silence and looking around at the rain that was still heavily pounding down.

''Yeah, I think it will last all night. Lets keep an eye on the midnight channel tonight too, just to be on the safe side'' Yu said firmly we all nodded. After that we all agreed to go round to his house and hang out with Nanako-chan since Dojima-san was out at work again. I took Ayame's hand and pulled her under my umbrella as we all walked towards Yu's house to spend the day.