Meeting The Team

Ayame's POV

The final bell of the day rang as the class started to pack up their things, I finish putting away my textbook and pens when Naoto and Kanji-kun walk up beside me. I stood up and smiled at them, they smiled back and we left the classroom.

''You said your mom works at Junes now right Ayame-chan?'' Kanji-kun said turning to me as we change our shoes and leave the school together,

''mhm, she should be working today actually'' I hum to him whilst nodding my head, I look to Naoto and see that she is actually smiling bigger than normal. My mom and Naoto always got along very well due to my past and even her past so I was guessing she wanted to see my mom again and I know my mom wanted to see her again that was for sure.

''Yosuke should be off work today right? I know Teddie had the day off'' Naoto asked turning towards Kanji, smiling at them a thought crossed my mind. Yosuke? Who's that? I turn to them with a confused look on my face as Kanji answers Naoto's question with a 'yes'.

''Oh right Ayame, well let me just tell you quickly just now that Yu, Yosuke, Chie and Yukiko are all our sempai, they are all in the class 2-2 so their only older by a year. Then there is Rise who is in our year just in a different class and last of all Teddie he...... well he doesn't go to school and he is really strange but he's not a bad guy'' Kanji-kun explained to me as the store of Junes started to come into view.

It was nice to have some forewarning but I instantly stopped in my tracks, completely frozen in fear. That was a lot of people to meet at once. Naoto stopped walking and looked back as did Kanji-kun, a look of worry crossed their faces as they walked over to me Kanji-kun waved his hand in front of my face but I didn't move. Naoto sighed a little and pulled me into a hug,

''Ayame, listen to me they are good people I know that's a lot of people to meet at once but these are the last people on earth to ever judge you for anything. So trust me and be brave okay?'' She said hugging me tighter, I blinked a few times then hugged her back, nodding my head. She was right if this place was a new start for me I had to forget my old self and pursue the new me.

Naoto's POV

After telling her everything would be okay I pulled back from the hug and smiled gently at her. She still looked a little shaken up but I knew the guys would love her she had the best and sweetest personality I mean heck Kanji already seemed to like her which was good. I looked up to Kanji who was looking at me slightly confused.

As we continued to walk slowly towards Junes I explained to him quietly that Ayame had a very bad past and that she was always kind of afraid to meet new people in large groups. I didn't say why, I thought it would be best for her to explain that in her own time as we saw the table with all our friends, I looked to Ayame and gave her a re-assuring smile and Kanji did the same as we walked over to them all.

''Good afternoon everyone'' I said smiling slightly as they all turned to us smiling, Rise was talking to Chie about something as Yu and Yukiko were watching Yosuke and Teddie (who was in his human form, because they were not working) who were arguing again, with small smiles on their faces. When they heard me they all turned to me and greeted us, I had noticed that Ayame had taken to hiding behind Kanji and I.

''Oh good afternoon Naoto and Kanji, we were all just talking about the new transfer student that came here today, they were first year like both of you and Rise correct? Rise said that she hadn't seen them so we were wondering if you two had?'' Yukiko said brightly as everyone looked to us.

Kanji and I shared a smile before stepping aside to reveal Ayame, she looked up to everyone, I could tell she was trying not to panic as she looked at everyone in turn. I noticed that her gaze rested on Yosuke for a little longer than the others before looking to the ground again.