"Hmmm..." I hummed giving him a side look. I don't want any stranger to go through my mother's stuff. As she wouldn't know what I want to keep or what is needed to throw away.

"You boys don't have to come inside." I heard dad say to the twins when we reached the house.

Jackson put the car into park in the driveway switching off the engine. "It is no problem Mr Adams."

Justin came around from the front to open the passenger door for my dad. He held my dad walking stick in his hand. Dad with help from Justin came out of the car. Leaning heavily on his walking stick as he walked up the drive to the house.

There were many bouquet of flowers left on the doorstep. I bent down gathering some of them up. Dad stood there with a sad smile on his face as he stared at his door.

I went forward to reach for the knob to open the door but Jackson hand stalled me. "Your father needs to do this on his own." He whispered to me.

I saw my fathers shoulder shake. We stood there in silence giving him time and emotional support to open the door that was once my family home.

After what seems like hours he braced the door knob turning the key to open the door. We stepped through noticing how dark the place looked with the curtains drawn.

"It still looks the same." Dad said in wonder. "Why does it looks like nothing have changed when everything has changed!" He shouted the last word in anger raising his stick to bring it crashing down on the glass coffee table shattering it into tiny pieces.

"Mr Adams!" Justin grabbed his arm that held the stick. "Calm down."

"Calm down!" Dad shouted back at Justin tears flowing from his eyes. "How must I calm down? Have you defeated cancer, when you thought you was going to die only for your wife to die? I want to die!" He tried to push Justin away from him. "Get out of my house all of you!"

"Dad!" I shouted at him pushing myself out of Jackson arms to go to him. "I need you." I cried, reaching out to him with my arms.

He looked at me like I was a stranger. "You need me?" He pointed to his chest. "You didn't need me when you ran off to England at eighteen years old to have children. You didn't need me when you lived your secret life in England. Where was you when your mother cried herself to sleep because you didn't want to talk to her for two years? You didn't need me then. Where was you when I found I had cancer? You didn't need me then. You talk about needing me Hanna? Where was you when we needed you?" He bowed his head down to my level. "Get out of my house! I need my wife and she is not here! Get out!" He roared.

I stumbled backwards into one of the twins arms. I felt as if I have been punched in my chest. I could take anything from anyone but disappointment from my father was a blow I have no armour for.

"Go." Andrea came walking into the house with Paul. "We saw you park up. We can take it from here." She pulled me into a tight hug. "He didn't mean the things that he said Hanna, he is hurting right now."

I looked over at my father in a teary gaze seeing Paul, Justin dad pull my father into a bear hug.

I cried as the twins walked me back to the car. I got in the back with Justin sitting next to me. Jackson started the engine, making the car come to life to drive me away from the home that I know and loved.

"Are you okay Hanna?" Justin asked me for the tenth time today.

I nodded not saying anything laying still on the bed.

"Would you like some food?" Jackson offered me a plate of cheese and crackers from the side of the bed. I looked at the plate then shook my head.

"Why don't you talk to us?" Justin kneeled down by the side of the bed trying to get me to establish eye contact with him. "The girls have gone to bed now. They are worried about you. You haven't said anything since yesterday when we went to your parents house."