Respect me

Alexander hadn't said a thing yet, not responding to my request. It was driving me crazy inside, because I needed to know why he asked so many question about me, and my life. What if my father knew, and what if he told everybody about my past? He didn't knew much, but it was enough for people to ask me questions about things I didn't wanted to talk about.
I needed and answer, and I needed now.

- Tell me, I ordered and his face hardened.

- I told you, I know nothing else, he said angrily.

- And I don't believe you, I said containing my rage. We are talking about my private life, about something no one should know about.

- I won't tell anything if that's what you're worried about, he defended still angry.

- Sure you won't, or I'll make your life a living hell, I promised.

He looked at me, not afraid by my threat. I didn't care if he was afraid or worried, I just wanted to slap him and let my rage out on him. But instead, I was starring at him, waiting for him to be fully honest with me.

- Please, tell me, I asked softening my voice. I need to know.

A flash crossed him eyes for a second, a mix of surprise and understanding. He slowly nodded at me, and his face softened as well.

- All I know is why you've been living above the gym for a month now, he said kindly.

Saying this, he did the unexpected as he sweetly laid his hand on mine onto the table. My first instinct were to take my hand away, but he squeezed it so I couldn't move it. I didn't fought back and let my hand stay were it was, feeling his thumb rubbing the top of my hand. I closed my eyes for a second, enjoying the feeling and swallowing my tears back.

- Why did you made research about me? I asked to change my mind off the memories coming back to me at the moment. To manipulate me easily?

- No... I just wanted to know you better, he said slowly. Because I saw how different you are, and I was curious to know why.

- And why didn't you just asked me? I questioned.

- Would you have told me? He asked raising a brow.

- Probably not, I admitted. Not today. Because you may have saved me, but you're still a douche bag. You're playing with women, and doing illegal street fights. You're cold, and have no friends, and you're being rude most of the time. Why would I trust you enough to tell you about my past?

He nodded completely getting what I meant to say. I would even try to imagine the way he would have reacted if I was the one looking in his past. I would have probably beat me, and killed me, and left in a small dark street of London, for the police to find me.
I waited a few seconds, but he didn't said a thing, and I didn't had the heart to keep this diner going any longer.

- Take me back home, I said coldly standing up.

He looked at me for a minute, debating with himself before finally standing up. He left a few bills on the table and took his jacket, following me outside.
The ride home were silent, I was angry and he were lost in his thoughts. He stopped in front of the gym and I got out, not even saying goodbye. I was mad, and I needed time to figure out what to do or what to say.

I didn't knew why I was so affected by the fact that he lied to me, but I was affected, and I hated it. He wasn't anyone to me, but I trusted him when he said he wouldn't say it to anyone. I believed him, even if I had no reason to trust him. But the fact that he was snooping around in my privacy instead of asking me was something unbearable.
I went straight to my bedroom and laid on my bed, starring at the ceiling. And for the first time in a long time, I let it go, and I cried. I cried for that diner, I cried for my family, I cried for my brother, I cried for myself.

A week went by, and my friends asked me a lot about what happened at the fight. I didn't said a thing, neither did I told them about the diner. I was sad, and down, and I had struggle keeping my head up.
I avoided the gym at all cost, no doing any sport of the week, walking straight to the apartment everyday to make sure I wouldn't see anyone, and specially him.

No one ever asked me questions, not even my father. He was like me, silently screaming his pain, and he respected my silent. Because he knew that my silent were more meaningful than any speech or scream I would say.
He tried to be here for me, he always ate with me in the evening, or was always in the kitchen in the morning, just to wish me to have a good day. It was small attentions, but it went straight to my heart and I felt blessed that I had him.

It was Thursday night, and we were silently eating when I heard a knock at the door. My dad turned his head and looked at me.

- Are you expecting someone? He asked.

- Nope, are you? I asked back.

He shake his head before standing up, and seconded later, I heard the door being opened.

- Is Shay here? I heard a familiar voice.

- Shay? My dad called me will I was silently praying he would say I was gone. It's for you.

I closed my eyes for a second and sight before standing up and going to the door. Alexander were standing here, looking at me uncomfortable. My dad left back to the kitchen as I stood still, not saying a thing. I guess the moment I was avoiding the whole week were now. And not matter how nervous I was, I knew I had to listen to what he was about to say. I knew I wanted to listen, because it was him.

_________
She's slowly falling in love isn't she?? 👍🏼🤔😂
Hey! How are you?
Hope you're doing good, and you enjoyed the chapter!
Love X