Date or not date, that is the question

After that, Jeremy cheered up a little bit and started talking to me about the movie he wanted me to see. I didn't really paid attention to what he were saying, glancing every now and then to see if Alexander were looking our way. But he never did, and I was kind of frustrated, because I couldn't see what he was thinking.
He was just back to the old Alexander, expressionless, cold, distant; and I was the only one to blame for that. After a while, Jeremy finally left, saying that he weren't paid to talk to me for hours.

I kept running until my legs couldn't keep up anymore and I took their weakness as a cue to leave. I was sweaty, hungry, tired and I was feeling more down than usual. It was like a boomerang effect, and all my problems were coming back to me, slapping me in the face, and pulling me down on my knees. I knew I was strong, but I had lost a lot recently, and some days, I managed it better than others.
I went back to the apartment and took a long cold shower, trying to cool myself down, and find a positive way to see the situation.

I didn't found the positive vision over the situation, even after ten minutes under the water. Instead, all I found were shivers and sneezes, telling me that I must have caught a cold with the freezing water. Like I needed to be sick right now... We didn't even had the money to pay for the doctor or the medicine.
I sight and came back to my bedroom, hopping in a jog pant and oversized tee shirt.

I knew I was alone for the rest of the day as dad were working until eight, and had a reunion with the coaches after. I had the house for myself, and I decided it would be popcorn and movie. I knew Alexander wouldn't come after what I said earlier, I saw it on his face. I didn't even bothered with my hair, catching them in a low weird bun.
I choose to watch the butler, which were one of my favourite movie of all times. The main character, Cecil, we're so sweet and emotional. I somehow was feeling connected to him for some odd reasons.

I spent the rest of the day watching movies, eventually falling asleep on the couch. I was only woken up by the sound of a knock on the door. I stood up quickly, awake with a start, and tried to get myself together and get ride of my sleepy face while going to the door.
I opened it to see Alexander standing in front of me, scanning me. He was dressed with a blue jeans, black tee shirt and a kaki bomber on top of it. His brows raised as he was still looking at me, realising that I wasn't ready for our date.

- Are you going out in pyjamas princess? He asked casually.

- I...

- Go get change, he cut me waving me away while coming inside.

I quickly made my way to my bedroom and opened my closet.
I was feeling even more sick than when I came out of the shower, and had a runny red nose. I didn't wanted to get anymore cold so I decided to go for a high waisted skinny blue jeans, with a grey oversized pullover and fake timberland.
I came out right after, not bothering with haircut and makeup, not wanting to make him wait even more.

He checked me out once again, and even if his face remained blank, I could see in his eyes that he liked the outfit. I took my black coat and dark red scarf before turning to him as he stood up from the couch.

- Is sleeping beauty ready? He asked mockingly.

I shocked my head, not replying. I made my way to the door and closed it behind him, throwing the key in my pocket next to my handkerchiefs. I gave him a nodded and followed him to the exit of the gym. He climbed in his car and I did the same, remaining silent, and I looked at the window to try to see the outside.
After a while, the silent were broken by him.

- You don't want to know where we're going? He asked.

- Anywhere is fine, I said in a stern tone.

- Why? Because it's not a date? He asked throwing a dig at me.

- Alexander... I started slowly before stopping myself, knowing that whatever I would say, it would only get worst.

- Tell me why you don't think it is, he commanded.

- Because... Because I don't think your the kind of person who date, I answered truthfully. And this word makes me uncomfortable.

- Which one? The word date? He asked surprised. Have you ever been on a date with someone before?

- Yeah! I replied too quickly to sound honest. I mean... I guess I did... Sort of.

- We are talking about a proper date, he said warningly. With diner, and all the stuffs.

- Like flowers and candle? I asked curious.

- Yeah, he nodded in agreement. Well, I rather tell you now, they won't be neither of this for our date. I hate romantic things, and I'm pretty sure it the same for you. Isn't it?

The last question he asked me were like a whisper, like a hope and pray that I weren't into romantic things. No matter how much I hated to admit it, he was right about that. I wasn't romantic, and I didn't cared a inch about flowers.

- Yeah, I agreed to his question,

I didn't replied to the main question, but I didn't wanted to tell him I had never been on a date before.
When he heard my agreement, he relaxed slightly, which made me smile. I didn't knew why this date were so important for him, but I was feeling happy and excited at the idea of going on a date. And probably even more because that date was with him.

_____________

I'm still wondering what kind of restaurant they're going to 😂
Any idea?
Love X