Skipping Lunch (17)

Cassie: Please meet me, I need to talk to you

I opened the messages, not to text Cassie back, but to text Aaron.

Me: Hey, did you tell Cassie to text me?

A minute later, instead of getting a text back Aaron called me.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"I'm driving, I can't text and drive," Aaron explained assuming why I was confused why he didn't just text me back.

"Goodie two shoes,"

"Better safe than sorry,"

"Anyway, it's ironic how Cassie texts me when you mention at the restaurant that we should make up. Did you set her up to this?"

"I have to be behind her wanting to ask for forgiveness?"

"Yes!" I answered and he laughed over the phone. "Well no, I'm not behind it. You should just go see her and hear her out. What's the worse she can do?"

"I...don't know,"

"You tried to reach out, now she believes it's her turn. You just got to give her a chance,"

I thought about what he said and I guess he's right. I'll give her the chance to talk to me.

"I guess you persuaded me, I'll go talk to her,"

"They don't call me Awesome Aaron for nothing,"

"No one calls you that,"

"Well..." Then I heard the phone beep saying he hung up.

I shook my head and gave a little chuckle.

Me: Nerd

Aaron: 😊

Here I go.

Me: Sure, when and where..

Cassie: After school tomorrow? We can meet the park I guess, I don't know

Me: Okay

~

I decided to go to the library today instead of lunch and this time I let Zac know so he could go to his old table with his other friends. Hopefully this time he won't barge in unexpectedly.

"Hey," I greeted Niall as I sat next to him.

"Oh hello, no lunch today?" He asked.

"Nope, I was looking for you,"

"Me? Why?"

"You sit with Cassie most of the time at lunch. Does she ever say anything about me?"

"Earlier as in a while ago she said she was upset at you, but now she just says why don't you come talk to her and try to fix it. I'm not 100% sure of the problem, but I guess she wants you to try and talk to her,"

"Oh,"

"Are you guys still fighting?"

"I mean..maybe?"