Chapter 27: Strange

Zac had asked me out, and after that loving note, I had to at least think about it. I mean, it was the least I could do.

"Zac seems to be really getting this girlfriend thing isn't he?" Kelsy observed from me filling her in on details. "I mean, I guess, but something doesn't feel right,"

"A boy giving you a bouquet of flowers and a love note to ask for his forgiveness," she said quickly, "...is a bad thing?"

"You're right. It sounds crazy now that you say it out loud. I guess I need a little more time to think about it anyway,"

"But-,"

"I want time to think about it. As in, on my own," I interrupted. "...well, wanna think about it over ice cream?"

"Definitely,"

Kelsy and I headed to the ice cream shop. You can never really get enough of ice cream. There we saw Aaron and his sister. No other Barbie Dolls, no other football players. I mean I could kinda say it looked like family bonding time, but then again I swear there isn't a sweet bone in her body.

First I was spotted by Aaron then Brittany when she wanted to see what he was looking at. Strangely she didn't give me a look like she usually did, just looked at me then went back to her treat. I wonder what's gotten into her.

"Did you know Brittany and Aaron was going to be here?"
"I'd be lying if I said no. After all, I know everything," she said twirling her spoon then taking a bite out of her oreo ice cream. "So you know what's wrong with Brittany?"

"There's a lot of things wrong Brittany. Care to be specific?"
"She looked at me without scowling,"
"When?"
"5 seconds ago, did you not see it?"
"I didn't bother today to take notice of her really, but anyway, who knows,"
"You don't know?"
"Must be a personal thing that happened today, cause I haven't heard a word," she said not caring about the conversation much.

♡♢♡

"Zac I need to talk to you," I started confidently, but then once he turned around, wished I never came up to him. He looked at me with a confused face, "What do you want? If you want tips to hitting on girls, I'd lose the..." he looked me up and down, "everything," he laughed.
"This is not a laughing matter Zachary,"
"And who are you to call me Zachary?"

"You lied to Amanda!"
"Lied? That's bull, I don't lie...often,"
"You didn't really want her forgiveness, you don't even like her!"
"Do you know how I feel? No? Okay then, go back into your shell,"
"No! Cause Amanda deserves someone that really loves her!" My fear had gone away for the thought of her made me stronger.

He looked at me for a minute, surprised by what I said and seconds after, like a light bulb went off in his head, he smiled. "You like her..don't you?"

"I..uh,"
"Why stand up for her if you can't even admit it when she's not around, when she's not in your face. Besides, she doesn't love you anyway, you're just a book worm looking for a study buddy. You're out of her league,"
"Why I'm not-,"

"Don't even bother trying, she friend zoned you from the start," he got closer to me and since he was taller, he looked down, making him seem like a monster. "And that's how it will always be," he finished, letting his words sink in and turned to leave.

Could she really never love me? Nonsense! But they did kiss..could she love him all over again?

♡♢♡

"Hey Amanda," Aaron greeted when Kelsy and I, after a long debate decided to come over.

Since Brittany and Aaron were sitting across from each other Kelsy and I had to do the same so we were both sitting in the middle of Brittany and Aaron.

"Haven't seen you in a while," I said, trying to start a conversation, cause Kelsy full-of-thoughts wouldn't.
She didn't want to be here.

"Yeah, I sometimes come here, ice cream is pretty good, better than the Waffle House anyway," he smiled. "Yep, can't get enough ice cream,"
"Well I wouldn't say that," We laughed..the only ones that laughed. Brittany and Kelsy were looking at us, just listening to the conversation, no comment at all. That's new for the both of them. Maybe they aren't so different.

"What are you doing here anyway? You seemed perfectly comfortable 5 tables away,"
"I agree," Kelsy said under her breath, getting the last of the ice cream she had. "Well I wanted to come talk to you guys,"
"For what? Is there a reason?" She waited for a reply. "No? Well unless you're coming to confess your love to my brother, I don't have time for this careless distraction."

Surprisingly Aaron didn't butt in and stand up for me. Reason being? I really wish I knew, but if I wasn't wanted here I guess I should go. I got up and without Kelsy, I left the ice cream shop. I exited the door and bumped into Niall.

"Oh! I'm sorry Niall,"
"It's fine," he said giving me a small smile. Everyone seems to be acting strange all of a sudden. "So why did you come to the ice cream shop?"
"It's meeting someone," Brittany and Aaron? If only I'd stayed a little longer I could be in on what's going on, but I couldn't go back in after that.

"Oh okay, well, I'll talk to you later," he nodded and walked past me into the shop. Why did that hurt so much?