You decided to get up and blow dry your hair, since the thought of still being wet annoyed you and brought back memories.

Grabbing your blow dryer, you turned it all the way to hot, the heat burning your face a little in the process of blow drying. But the heat felt good to yo, even if it really hurt. You didn't even want to be cold and wet ever again.

You walked out of your bathroom and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a can of chicken noodle soup from the pantry. You poured the contents into a bowl and heated it up in the microwave.

There were no lights on in the main rooms, except for the small lamp in the front room. The stormy clouds from the outside world make everything gloomy and sad. And dark. Very dark.

It made the whole house naturally dark, despite having creamy white walls and furniture. It was around 6:30, and you ate your soup in silence. The house seemed empty, even though Ed and Al were in their room. You didn't know what they were doing, but it just made you feel lonelier. 

You wondered why you were sad. Probably just because today was just a bad day overall.

Except for the part where you and Edward hugged for two minutes.

You smiled, although no one was there to receive it.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door.

The walls in the house weren't that thick, so you were sure Ed and Al heard the knock.

"I'll get it!" You called, making sure they heard you. Even so, Ed opened his door to answer it with you.

How cute,  you thought. He's coming with me.

You answered the door to find a military officer holding an umbrella.

"Hello, Ms. (Y/N) (L/N) and Mr. Edward Elric."

"Hello, is there something you needed?" Ed said. He kinda sounded annoyed at the man, which made you giggle quietly a little.

"Yes, I've come here with a message from Central headquarters. There is a mass murderer on the loose, specifically looking for State Alchemists. I'll need you to come with us."

"Us?"

You looked around for other military officers, and standing on the far sides of him, where you couldn't see unless you walked outside, were about four or five.

"We'll have a guide take you out of Central city until the murderer is caught. But for right now, please come with us, for your own safety."

You looked at Ed, and he looked back at you.

"Come inside. Tell us more about this mass murderer." Ed said, opening the door wider to let the soldiers inside. Edward called Alphonse to come to the front room as well.

You, Ed and Al sat on the small sofa, and the soldiers sat on the larger sofa. 

"They call him the Scar, from the information we have now. He has an X-shaped scar starting with the top of his forehead, and reaching to the bottom of both his eyes. He is an Ishvalan. We have no idea why he is targeting State Alchemists, but over ten have already been killed."

You all gasped.

"Ten State Alchemists? But how..?"

"We're investigating the situation as much as we can. For your own safety, I'll need you to come with us. We'll take you out of town to a safer place."

The man started reading off some towns that were safe to go to.

"Harland, Overlands, Quinstin, Resembool, Manchester.."

"Resembool!" You yelled. "We'll take it! Besides, Ed's arm needs fixing, anyways.."

He smiled and sighed, looking at his arm. It was almost destroyed, but some of the nerves were still connected, and he could still transmuted. 

"Yeah, my arm needs fixing.."

Ed's half smile faded. "Oh crap.. Winry's gonna kill me! I'm so dead!" Ed freaked out and hid his face under a pillow while you finished up your conversation with the soldiers.

"We'll pick you up at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Make sure to lock all your doors tonight."

They all walked out and saluted you and Ed. "Thank you for your cooperation."

"No problem!"

You shut the door and looked at Ed, who was still covering his face with a pillow.

"I can't wait to see Winry!"

"I can wait. I can wait for a long time," Ed said, making a face. He was probably imagining her killing him.

It was probably true. Winry had always been sensitive about the work she did, especially when she puts a lot of time into it. That's one of the things you remembered about Winry's weird personality. She was pretty, smart, and a great, yet sensitive, mechanic.

What if Ed actually was in love with her?

No, no! Don't think that..  Stop thinking bad thoughts! Besides, I have nothing against Winry! I can't wait to see her!

You ran back to the kitchen to finish your soup, and started packing for tomorrow. Ed and Al said goodnight and you skipped off to bed.

You couldn't wait to go to Resembool tomorrow.

But you were worried about 'Scar'.

What if he ended up attacking you guys? Sure, your wounds were a lot better after washing them, and you regained your strength- but he's killed ten State Alchemists!

You shut off your thoughts and closed your eyes, instantly falling asleep, having pleasant and warm dreams.

(A/N: 5.2k? Oh my gosh, thank you!!! I love you guys, thanks for voting and following me ^u^

I'll be out of town this weekend and I'll be back the fifth, so I won't be updating till then :(

Sorry guys. I hope you all have a great 4th of July with your friends and family :D

<!> Question below, please answer :) <!>

Before I end this author's note, I have a question. Should I make Winry a little jealous and annoyed of you and Ed's relationship? Or should it be normal Winry? I wanted to add some sort of drama in there, if I could. It wouldn't be psycho Winry, though.. that would be scary and out of character XD 

Please answer. I will be able to respond to comments and use them in the next chapter.

Thanks! Love you all!! ~ <3

~Jenna )