Pain and Prison

I slowly open my eyes, my head is pounding like literally I just want to curl up in a ball for the day kinda pain, except I don't even know where I am. I looked around the room I'm in and well it's not even a room it's a cell, am I in prison?
I try to shift around and sit up, I was laying on a small bed, as soon as my legs are dangling off the beds edge I realize I made a stupid mistake, now that I feel the sharp jagged pain making me want to double over, I vaguely remember getting shot at some point. The memories begin to flood back after that, I was chasing Amaimon because Behemoth freaked out then he was killed or whatever so that just leaves the moments leading up to how I got here which I can't seem to find in my brain. I lift my shirt up to see my wound and find that it's been wrapped and I'm assuming treated, I gently slide my fingers over the bandage just to make sure they're real. I decide to check to see if I've been injured anywhere else, I must've hit my head to cause the headache and I also find I have a decent amount of black and blue marks along with some cuts spread over my arms and legs, plus a large bruise near my wrapped bullet wound.
"I see you've finally woken up y/n, l/n," Angel walks up to my cell. "We were starting to worry about you."
I stare at him blankly realizing I'm in the Vatican jail, how great. "I doubt you were,"
I mutter. I do not care how much pain I'm in I will never let that arrogant angel know.
"You've caused us a lot of issues you know, we still can not locate that beast of yours."
I frown, "How is the Earth King my beast?"
"He seems to be attracted to you from what I can see, I do remember Mephisto saying you two were getting wed or was that a lie?"
"Or course we are engaged already, that still doesn't mean he's mine." I smirk, "but what would you know about relationships?"
He glares at me, "I forgot how childish you are, but I suppose that will not matter soon."
"Whys that?" I glance at him trying to hide my anxiousness.
"You have a court trial and this was your last offense, you could be executed or maybe if your lucky spend your life here," he says in an almost mocking way. I wish I could just rip out his eyes right now.
I shrug to cover my new found fear, "not like I didn't have it coming."
"Such a shame your vile spouse will miss out on this wonderful event."
"Do you not have anything better to do than waste your time playing with the minds of your prisoners?" I sigh.
"Suite yourself I'll be the only company you have for the most part," he laughs before leaving he shuts the lights out as he goes leaving me in darkness. I just lay back down what's the point doing anything else, I hurt and need sleep to heal anyway.

"Darling are you awake?" I hear Mephisto's voice and answer with a greeting while I fully wake myself up.
"Mephi how'd you get in here?" I yawn looking at him.
"Secretly of course," he smirks. "Do you know the reason you are here y/n?"
"Because Angel is a jerk?"
"No this was my doing." He looks away from me as if he's scared at what he is saying, "Y/n it was my fault you were shot."
I want to ask what he means but I can't find words, I'm too shocked so I just stare blankly.
"I ordered my exorcists to stop you, had I realized the mistake I made before hand you would not be in your current position."
I feel cold, I don't know why... Should I be angry? Maybe sad... Disappointed? I just feel empty though, like I'm just listening in on a movie and this isn't really me, this is someone else and I'm a bystander listening.
"I could not have you run after my brother you do understand that I hope."
"No I don't, I don't understand any of this!" I half wail half shout. "I'm living a story of nothing but lies!"
"You will not be much longer darling, everything is going to work out as I plan."
"How can I trust that? How do I know that isn't a lie?" I sigh, "Mephisto I lost him!"
"If you went after him, they would have killed you to get to him and you know that."
"He saved me, he didn't do anything wrong! The dumb exorcists are the ones who messed up this time!"
"Yes I agree but we can not have them hearing that at the moment or you won't be getting my brother back."
"How long am I going to be stuck here mephi?"
"If I have my way a few more days or less, but if Amaimon happens to show up here that may change."
"Why would he come here?!" My eyes widen.
"You are such an oblivious child," he chuckles.
"Uh okay?"
"You will understand soon enough, but if he does show up do not fear him I assure you he would not hurt you y/n."
"I would never be afraid of him if I wasn't before I wont be now nothing can change that," I mumble.
"That's the spirit my dear," he smiles.
I nod slowly, "what would they do to him..?"
"Let's not worry about that at this moment, now I hate to cut things short but I must be on my way before my visit is discovered, see you soon darling." Mephisto poofs Into a dog and runs out of the room. I can't help but keep thinking about all he said, he ordered them to shoot me? I just I don't want to believe that....
I'm feeling better since my nap anyway and decide to pace the cell, it's not big. I feel like a tiger in a circus honestly. I have no idea what time it is or even how long I've actually been here, I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
It couldn't have been long before I hear a commotion outside the jail room. Something is thrown against a wall and shatters, it echoes throughout the building. Yelling follows and gunshots, I cringe and move to sit in a corner of my cell. Almost as soon as it started it just stops and a group is dragging someone back here Angel is in the lead looking pretty ticked off. I watch horrified as the exorcists throw them into a cell across mine, the unconscious figure lands with a thud. I still can't see though I'm trying to stretch as high as possible. The exorcists file from the room, some looking beat and tired now that I look at them more closely, Angel stays for a brief moment before he yells back at me, "this is your fault!"
Once they're gone and everything quiets down again, I gather up the courage to walk up to the bars in my cell, my heart almost pops from my body when I realize Amaimon is the one laying unconscious. I kneel down right where I'm standing and just stare at him, "are you alive Amaimon?"
He starts to sit up I feel my heart slow down, he was pretending, I didn't realize I was holding my breath but I let out a large sigh of relief.
"I'm fine," he scoots over to the front of the bars so he can face me. "Are you okay?"
I nod, "yeah a lot better now actually."
"I'm sorry y/n....."
"Amaimon please don't apologize you did not do anything," I shake my head.
"I almost killed you. You were taken away from me, it's my fault."
"No it's not your fault, you were upset and you should've been."
"Why did you fight for me?" He asks rather out of the blue.
"Why wouldn't I?"
He just shrugs, "you wouldn't be here if you hadn't, and you wouldn't be hurt."
"I am not hurt!" I mutter,"It's just a scratch I swear."
"You're lying y/n."
"I'm fine though it's just pain, nothing I can't handle. I would be in worse shape if it wasn't for you."
"What?" He frowns.
"You caught me when I fell off that rock you were wailing at those exorcists jerks."
"I did?"
"Yep, so in my opinion you're the hero here," I smile.
"How can you smile right now?"
"Well it's better to smile than it is to make this worse by frowning, plus I get to see you now that's a reason to smile."
He tilts his head, "if you say so."
"I was worried about you, plus I kinda missed you..." I look at my feet feeling hot embarrassment flow through me.
"I missed you too y/n," I look up after he says it almost certain I'm hearing things.
"You did?"
"Yes, at least I believe that's what I felt."
"They won't kill you will they...?" Though I'm happy to see him, I'm much more worried about his safety than my own feelings.
"It's unlikely I'm a demon king, they would be answering to my father if they did."
I can relax a little with that thought, this could work yet. "Oh I didn't tell them anything about us either."
"They still believe we are a couple?"
"Very much so, they called you my beast." I laugh.
He smiles a little bit watching me.
If nothing else I just want him to be safe, I don't even care if I have to spend my life here as long as he can leave I don't care what consequences I face. I want him to be happy...