Amaimon's pov

I walk around the large mansion I used to live in, it's hard to think this was my home not too long ago. I like living with y/n a lot more than I did staying here, it's more fun. I think about what she said, I just don't understand why she won't just go with Iblis. The Vatican would be happy, she could have a normal life. She could be happy that way.....so why do I not want that. I find my way up to the roof, I'm bored with walking. Gehenna looks a lot different than Assiah, is that why brother is so interested in it I wonder. I hear footsteps, I turn around expecting to see Mephisto or y/n. Instead I find Iblis, he waves and comes over with me.
"Still as restless as ever I see," he smirks.
"It's still boring here," I sigh.
"Isn't your little queen going to be missing you?"
"She's asleep already," I mutter. I feel like he's mocking me.
"She's become quite a unique little human hasn't she."
"She's part demon," I glance at him, I don't even know if he knows about her.
"Oh yes I almost forgot about that, honest mistake really."
"Could you fix her?"
"I don't really know, I wouldn't want to mess with it anyway there's no point now that she's a royal like us she'll be a full demon soon."
I look away from him, this would be so much easier if that was true. "What if she wasn't?"
"Well I could try something couldn't guarantee it'd work, but she seems happy and I wouldn't take it away from her."
"You like her don't you," I try not to growl but it's really hard to hold in.
"Course I do, she was, what is the term humans use a friend I think," he pauses. "Are you afraid I'm going to steal her from you?" He asks with a hint of surprise but also like he wants to tease me like Mephisto always does when talking about her.
I don't answer, not because I can't, but because I don't want to be laughed at. Y/n is mine or at least I want her to be.
"Amaimon you don't have to worry about me trying to steal her," he chuckles. "She really is in love with you, so I couldn't even try if I wanted too."
I hide my surprise at his statement, it's probably just because of our married title anyway. Except I can't help but be curious, he was alone with y/n, and she did ask if I heard them.... "Did she tell you that?"
"She doesn't need to tell me, I can see it." He laughs.
I don't comprehend what he means, and I don't want to act like I care if she does love me, so I drop the questions.
"To think the annoying little Earth King getting a queen before me," he snickers. "Wouldn't have ever guessed it."
"Blame Mephisto, he's the reason I meet her."
"Jee maybe I'll have to run some errands for him," he jokes. "Well I'm gonna head back inside, you should too."
I wait a few minutes until I'm sure he's gotten to his room before I start on my way back.
I look at y/n, she's sleeping quietly curled up. I lay beside her, I don't want to wake her up so I try to be quiet. I've never been good at sleeping, it takes forever for me to even be tired. When I'm with her though I usually manage to sleep a little, demons don't need much in the first place it's more like a luxury I suppose. That's what my brother says love is, usually demons don't feel it but on rare occasions it's possible. I put my arms around y/n so she can't leave until I'm awake, it takes a few minutes but I start to drift off in a light sleep.
I feel myself being shaken awake it had to have only been a few minutes that's what it felt like, I open my eyes slowly.
"Amaimon you were supposed to wake me up not the other way around!" Y/n is laughing as she lets me go.
"You didn't say when," I sit up and dig through my pocket for a piece of candy.
"Is all you ever think about food?"
I shrug, "it tastes good."
She giggles more coming to stand in front of me, "I don't think anyone else is up yet."
"Why are you then?"
"Cause I can be duh!" She grins.
I stare at her, I don't understand how a human can be so different. She gets up and looks around, "can we go for a walk?"
"I don't care."
"Sweet, where can we go?"
"I don't know, around Gehenna."
"That works let's go!" She grabs my arm and pulls me out the door. It doesn't bother me, her odd adventures are usually interesting in some way. Once were outside she looks at me hopefully. I start walking in a random direction not caring where it goes. She follows falling close beside me.
"You're not still mad are you, about Iblis?"
"No, he talked to me last night," I'm tempted to bring up that he said she loves me but I won't, I don't want to make her think I was eaves dropping.
"Oh that's good then," she smiles.
I nod distracted by my empty candy pocket, I didn't know I ate all my sweets.
"So was coming here as bad as you thought?"
"No but it's still boring."
She sighs, "maybe a little but it's nice to see everyone though."
I shrug, I don't really care for family gatherings, but as long as I'm with y/n it's not as bad as I first thought. We turn around eventually and start heading back to the house, she tries to play with the demons running around. I smirk watching her, why does she think everything is so friendly.
She picks up a small reaper and holds it out to me, "aren't they just the most adorable things!" She laughs, "next to you of course."
I shake my head trying not to smile too much, she lets the reaper down and it continues to follow us for awhile before something catches its attention. She even has coal tars forming a little cloud around her, I'm sure by now any other human would be running for the hills they are rather weak creatures but she's just her own type of being.