Amaimon's pov

Y/n's friend is staying here for another two days, I want him to leave. I don't like him he takes her attention away from me, I don't understand why it bothers me so much. I'm starting to think I've developed that feeling my brother talked to me about once I believe it's called jealousy, I can not be sure though I've never felt it before. In fact I've never really felt anything before except anger at Rin, but since I've been staying with y/n I've started having feelings at least I think. She knows I don't like him, she asked and I told her the truth. I talked to my brother recently he wants me to convince y/n to visit Gehenna, she didn't seem to care, now Mephisto is planning on a date. He teases me a lot anymore, it annoys me. He always jokes about how I like y/n, especially since I've never payed much attention to anyone before. He doesn't know just how fond of her I am, at least which I'm not quite sure of that myself. She still calls what we're doing an act to throw off the Vatican, but I don't know if that's all this is to either of us.
Today we're supposed to go to the park, apparently her and Shadou used to watch the clouds and make shapes out of them. It sounds boring to me, but I do not want her alone with him even after what she told me. They talk most of the way there, I brought Behemoth with us since he hasn't gone out a lot recently. I did get some entertainment watching Shadou run from my Behemoth at first, until y/n told him it was safe. Y/n leads us to a small hill with no trees surrounding it, she lays in the grass looking up at the sky. Shadou lays on the side of her, I notice he keeps casting glances towards her and I feel a growl rising in my throat. I don't let my anger escape me though, I sit close to y/n, I let Behemoth off his chain to run around while we're doing whatever it is we're doing.
"Look at that one, it looks like a flower!" Y/n points up at a cloud excitedly.
"It really does doesn't it," Shadou chuckles.
I try to see it but all I see is a cloud, how does she think this is fun? We haven't even been here 20 minutes, and I'm getting bored already, so I start digging through my pockets of candy.
"I'll be right back," Shadou sighs. I glance up as he walks off, I must have missed something I wasn't paying attention to them instead I was popping hard candies into my mouth trying to catch them.
"You're bored aren't you?" Y/n looks at me, "you can be honest I won't get mad." I don't understand how she always seems so happy, nothing bothers her not demons or bad weather or even me when I'm bored and complaining.
"Yes I am," I sigh trying to hide my annoyance that were here because of Shadou.
"You don't see them do you?" She looks back up at the sky again distracted.
"No they all just look like clouds to me," I look everywhere but at the sky and at her, I can not explain it but I feel like this is something that has meaning to her. It makes me irritated that Shadou can see what she does and I can't.
"Well to see them number one you have to actually be looking at the sky silly!" She pulls me to the ground beside her giggling. She shifts until she lays on her back again, I assume she wants me to do the same so I do more out of curiosity than anything else.
"Hmm now let me look here," she mumbles. "Ah that one right there it's a dragon spitting fire."
"It's a cloud, it looks like a cloud," I mutter.
"Ugh Amaimon here I'll point it out to you," she shakes her head, and raises her hand to the sky. "Okay so that is the dragons head, and that cloud makes up the fire it's spitting." She points out each part of the cloud dragon she sees. "Do you see it yet?"
"Maybe a little bit I guess." I stare at the clouds she pointed out to me, I actually can kind of see a dragon or maybe I just want to imagine I do so I don't disappoint her.
"Did I miss anything?" Shadou return plopping back down beside y/n, he hands her two waters one must be mine.
"Nope nothing too exciting."
"Good I can't have you two stealing all the fun," he grins.
I tune out their voices and think about the festival y/n took me to, I remember at one point she held my hand. It just occurred to me she really had no reason as to why she would do that, was she trying to show me affection?
Rather than trying to figure it out I decide to test it, I find y/n's hand laying on the grass by mine and let my fingers intertwine with hers. I know she has some sort of connection to me though I don't know how deep, I still expect her to flinch away from me. I probably only feel like that because I've never dealt with this sort of thing before or in fact anyone like her before. However going against my negative thoughts she turns her head to look at me and smiles warmly. I catch Shadou glancing at our hands, a look of envy washes over his face.
Y/n doesn't seem to notice or doesn't care as she simply looks back at the sky.
"I think we should do something else, this is kinda getting old." Shadou mutters refusing to look at me.
"Really? I think this is nice," y/n looks at him with surprise.
"Sorry guess I'm not as imaginative as I used to be..." He shrugs.
"Well alright let's go for a walk then," she stands up pulling me along with her as our hands are still interlocked.
"Fine with me," he huffs and starts walking a few paces ahead of us.
Y/n seems a little stunned by his reaction, it doesn't bother her after a few moments once she starts talking to me about her daydreams. I usually get bored easily by conversations such as this, except when I look at her eyes and see how excited and childlike she is thinking about her imagined world I find myself gaining a new interest in her words. We end up walking through the trails on the park, Shadou keeps his distance from us the rest of the day I notice with satisfaction.