Chapter 15: Meeting ARMY

Mikki's POV
The boys performed amazingly, working hard and showing off their talents. I sat backstage, watching them through a television screen. Jungkook's performance was so strong. It made my heart skip a beat - how beautiful he was. I wanted to run and go kiss him or hug him or even just hold his hand but I couldn't do that. He was working. The concert ended and the boys walked off. I got up to go run and find Jungkook and Jin but all my unnies beat me to it, dabbing at sweat and touching up makeup. They ushered the boys into a room to change back into what they had been wearing before the concert. I sat on a couch, chin in my hand. Get used to it. They're idols. They don't have time to give you hugs.

"Mikki, come on! They have a chair for you!" Jungkook waved me over as the boys filed out of the room, looking completely dry and refreshed. He gently pushed me behind him, in front of my brother. I held Jungkook's hand tightly.

"Are you ready for a fan meeting? Your first live appearance as his girlfriend." Jin placed his hand on my shoulder. I nodded, a complete lie. I wasn't ready. Not at all. Hell no. Questions, cameras, eyes, being put all over the media.

When the boys started walking out, we were greeted by a chorus of screams and clapping and a swarm of camera flashes. I held Jungkook's hand tighter, shaking slightly. Jin had to push me ever so slightly to keep walking when I came out. I took my seat by Jungkook, covering my face with my hands. Namjoon started talking to them in English, probably just saying hello or something. I felt Jungkook scoot closer to me, trying to peel my hands away. I shook my head. "Mikki, if you want them to like you, you have to act like you're doing aegyo to me. Okay? You have to show your face and wave and be friendly. We'll tell them that you're shy, don't worry." He whispered something to Namjoon and Namjoon immediately said something about me. "He said you don't speak much English and that you're very shy and nervous." Jungkook whispered into my ear

The fangirls all cooed and awed. "Aigoo! Please stop flirting!" Someone shouted in Korean. I sucked in a calming breath and let Jungkook peel my hands away, immediately switching into aegyo. He laughed and kissed my forehead. The fangirls screamed extremely loud. "OMO?!" "They're really dating!" "Jungkook Oppa!" "Mikki unnie, please kiss Jungkook!"

Jungkook took the microphone from Namjoon and cleared his throat. "Hello, ARMY." He was speaking English so I knew I'd only understand some of it. "Mikki is... My girlfriend." He chuckled. I nodded and did a thumbs up to the crowd as cameras and fans all turned to me. Namjoon said something and then a lady said something and the line began to move. "Hello. What is your name?" Jungkook knew this English phrase very well. I watched as their fans ignored me, stared at me, smiled at me, waved at me. I waved back to quite a few.

"I'm Angelica. Are you guys really dating?" She looked at me in shock. I nodded shyly, having understood her. "Really?" She seemed so happy. I nodded. "Oppa, congratulations! She's so pretty! I hope you two go a long time!"

"Thank you." He tickled the back of my neck as we waited for the next person as Angelica moved to Jin. I jumped and pouted at him. "Aigoo!" He covered his face, laughing. "So cute." He hugged me tightly. I giggled as Jungkook kissed my nose. "How did I get so lucky?" He immediately let go and looked at the new fan. "Hello, what's your name?"

Throughout the event, I was congratulated, insulted, complemented, cried at. I didn't know how to feel. "Jungkook, what do I do?" I whispered as a girl moved on to Jin, still crying.

"Just be you. Be your normal, cute self." Jungkook pat my head. I giggled and shook my head. A girl brought me a teddy bear, my first gift from a fan.

"Omo! It's so cute!" I hugged the teddy bear and high fived the girl. "Thank you." I struggled to repeat phrases Jungkook taught me.

The line was almost done and it was almost the end of the night. "I can't believe you'd date her. She's so boring and ugly. There's nothing special about her." A girl snorted, looking at me in disgust as she insulted me in Korean. "She's probably such a slut too." I swallowed the lump in my throat and crossed my arms, lip quivering. A tear escaped and I wiped at it.

"I don't care what anyone says. I want to be with her." Jungkook frowned. The girl moved on and I buried my face in my arms on the table, crying. He rubbed my back as he talked to more fans, trying to comfort me. I got a few more haters in a row. "Hey, ARMY!" He had the microphone now and sounded upset but still polite. Like the kind of anger where he would start crying. "Mikki is my girlfriend because I like her. Not because anyone else has to. If you don't like her, just don't say anything. You don't have to hate on her and make her cry!" He continued to ramble in Korean. Namjoon was translating into English. Jin pulled me into a hug. "Mikki, stand next to me, please." Jungkook took my hand. I wiped at tears. "Don't listen to haters, okay? Only listen to me. I care about you so much. You're beautiful and funny and talented and cute and kindhearted and honest and I wouldn't pick any other girl. Only you." He lowered his forehead to mine. "You're the only girl I want." His lips pressed to mine and I heard camera flashes and screams and cries.

The rest of the event went by mostly calmly aside from one or two girls who couldn't help but protest against me dating their bias. "I'd call that a success." He high-fived me and we followed the group backstage again, ready to go back to the hotel and sleep.