Chapter 17: Rise of the Plants...and Everything Else

Everyone gone their separate ways. Prank was with Narcissus and Poison Ivy at the Miagani Island Botanic Gardens. Trixster was with Harley and Joker at the Town Hall. Two-Face and Bane were off at the bank, and Mr.Freeze and Penguin were off causing trouble somewhere. Prank, Narcissus, and Poison Ivy were walking around the gardens looking for a good spot to grow there plants. 

"Why does Joker want us to split up?" asked Narcissus. 

"A-duh," replied Prank. "He wants to keep the Bat-brats busy. They'll be too busy fighting everyone else that they won't know what the Boss is doing."

"Makes sense," said Narcissus.

"Here," said Poison Ivy.

"What's here?" asked Prank.

"This is where we'll start growing the plants," said Poison Ivy. Narcissus followed Poison Ivy and they stopped right in the middle of the garden. They held out their hands and the ground began to rumble.

Batgirl was swinging from the roofs of the buildings. There seemed to be too much to do. Two-Face and Bane were at the Bank, Mr. Freeze and Penguin were at the GCPD, and Poison Ivy was rurmored to be with some guys at the Botanic Gardens.

"Ugh, what am I going to do?" she asked herself. "There are too many villains out and I don't know where to start. Where is Robin when you need him?"

"Well, I'm not Robin, but I believe that I can help," said a familiar voice behind her. Batgirl turned around and saw Nightwing.

"Dick!" she said excitedly. She ran up and hugged him. "Boy am I glad you showed up."

"Nice to see you Barbara," said Nightwing.  "So, what's going on?" 

"I don't know," Batgirl replied. "So many villains are out committing crimes. Two-Face is with Bane at the bank, Penguin and Mr.Freeze are at the GCPD. I heard on the radio that they trapped them inside with ice. And there are rumors of Poison Ivy with some other guys at the Botanic Gardens." 

"So we split up," said Nightwing. 

"Is that a good idea?" asked Batgirl. 

"Of course," said Nightwing as he twirled one of his night sticks. "We'll be able to stop the villains, and cover more ground, see if Poison Ivy really is at the gardens."

"But so many things could go wrong," Batgirl said. " we might not be able to stop them on our own and we could get killed and the other would never know. It's best if we stick together."

"Okay," Nightwing said. "Just step on my moment, but whatever. If you think we should stick together, then let's stick together."

"Sorry, Dick," said Batgirl. "You know what happened to Bruce, or Tim?"

"Yeah, I heard from Alfred that Bruce was in trouble and he sent Tim to go get him." 

"By himself?" asked Batgirl. Nightwing nodded. "Well, I hope that he's okay. Okay, so we have three choices. A: go after Two-Face and Bane at the bank, B: go after Mr.Freeze and Penguin at the GCPD, or C: see if the rumors about Poison Ivy are true."

"Does Two-Face have any hostages?" asked Nightwing.

"Yep," replied Batgirl. "He's keeping the night shift workers." 

"Then we'll go after them and save the hostages," said Nightwing. "Then we'll go after Mr.Freze and Penguin, then check the Botanic Garderns."

"Alright then," said Batgirl. "Let's go." Just as she said those words, the ground began to shake.

"The hell is going on?" asked Nightwing. They looked up and saw a beautiful, huge flower erupt from the ground.

"That's where the Botanic Gardens are," said Batgirl.

" Well, I guess the rumors are true," said Nightwing. They looked at the the other buildings and saw similar flowers, but smaller, creeping along the sides of the buildings and underneath the windows. Then they began to spew pink gas into the buildings. 

"What is going on?" asked Batgirl. Her questioned was immediately answered when everyone began to walk out of their homes and other buildings, but they moved like zombies. They had glowing green eyes, and they all began to move in the same direction.

"How is Poison Ivy able to this?" asked Nightwing. "Has she always been that powerful?"

"I have a bad feeling about this," said Batgirl. 

"No dip," said Nightwing.

"Alright," said Batgirl. "New plan. We need to follow them."

"What about Two-Face and the other guys?" asked Nightwing.

"Something is telling me that wherever these people are going, that's where Two-Face and the other guys are going to be."

"And if they're not?" asked Nightwing.

"Trust me," Batgirl said. "There is some master plan behind all this."  Batgirl waved her hand at the giant plant.

"Alright then," said Nightwing. "Then let's go." Then they hopped off the building and swung off in the direction that the mind-controlled people were heading in. 

Nightwing and Batgirl where hiding  on top of a roof right in front of the city hall. For some reason, all of the mind-controlled people stopped here at the city hall. Nightwing pointed at something and said:

"Hey you were right. Two-Face and the other guys would show up here." Two-Face, Bane, Mr.Freeze, and Penguin were standing around on the stairs.

"What is going on?" asked Batgirl. As soon as she asked the question. It was answered. The ground opened up and three plant pods opened up. Out walked Poison Ivy and two other guys. One looked like Poison Ivy and the other looked like Harley Quinn.

"Who are those two?" asked Nightwing.

"The guy dressed like Harley is Prank," replied Batgirl. "He is new to the whole criminal thing, but I heard he is very dangerous. I'll fill you in later. I don't know who the other guy is. He must've helped Poison Ivy create the mind-control plants. That's how they were able to control the entire city." Nightwing began to get up.

"We can take them," said Nightwing. "Right?" Batgirl giggled. But then everyone began to cheer. Batgirl grabbed Nightwing's leg.

"Wait," she said. "Oh no." Nightwing looked down at Batgirl confused.

"What do you mean, 'oh no'?" asked Nightwing. Batgirl pointed. They heard a laugh that sounded all too familiar. A man walked out of the city hall followed by a woman and a girl.

"Oh shit," said Nightwing. 

"Still think we can take him?" asked Batgirl.

"Ladies and gentlemen, settle down," said the man. "All hail your new king, Joker!"